Altar of Twilight Never had so[M]eone to call my own
Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph enjoyed the jaunt with Atka to the Heartwood. They conversed, were easy each other's company, and let the time pass with simple affection and a joy that only seemed to come in the anticipation of an absence that could sever or reinforce their resolve. While she knew it was a risk she had meant what she said, wolves changed courses and she could not be angry with Atka for finding a heading that suited her best. She would miss Atka but she also did not plan to leave the area quite so quickly, and she would not discount that their paths could cross again. Though if the other wolf stayed ensconced in the Heartwood which was newly claimed she was not sure how much of that would be a possibility.

The call sounded out and though Heph had only heard the voice and the growl once the familiarity of the scent and Atka's reaction and something in the cadence of it allowed her to put it together. It was not so far as to prevent them from going and perhaps a part of her was curious to see this wolf who was quite literally calling them away. She was not afraid of the wolf who called her a shadow, perhaps he was right in the way she followed Atka, but perhaps in other ways he had been wrong. He was formidable but not impossible.

Her gaze turned to Atka slightly and she gave an encouraging smile, a tinge of mischief lighting it. "Well, I'm sure he's impatient to see your beautiful face." Rubbing her head lightly against the other wolf's shoulder she added "If it comes to we can protect each other from the big bad wolf." She did not hurry her pace but she did slightly adjust her direction giving time and room for Atka to make her own decision. If the other wolf had no desire to meet the one who called then Heph had no objections, but she thought a meeting on neutral territory might suit them better than a goodbye at the borders of a potentially hostile pack at any rate.
Messages In This Thread
Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - August 28, 2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - August 29, 2022, 09:25 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - August 31, 2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - August 31, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 01, 2022, 02:22 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 02, 2022, 09:44 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 02, 2022, 09:52 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 02, 2022, 02:58 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 03, 2022, 02:15 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 03, 2022, 02:49 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 03, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 05, 2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 06, 2022, 07:02 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 07, 2022, 06:18 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 08, 2022, 12:25 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 08, 2022, 07:17 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 10, 2022, 02:33 AM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Heph - September 11, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Dreven - September 11, 2022, 06:07 PM
RE: Never had so[M]eone to call my own - by Aqillutaq - September 11, 2022, 08:18 PM