Lion Head Mesa If I fail, I'll fall apart
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
The space that had once been used by @Gucci (that was now abandoned, as the neb and his children had since been moved) served no purpose to Akashingo for some weeks.

Nazli had begun to fashion it in to something of her own: it was too small for her to use as a bedroom herself, but not so small that it couldn't be used for storage. It was here that she visited after her forays across the nearby meadow; her collection of seeds grew each time, arranged with great care upon the stone shelving there.

The corridors had given her a sense of claustrophobia of late. She settled to arranging her latest acquisitions now, arranging them to their places, tidying a few of the herbs she'd discovered (and would someday present to @Tavina for inspection and identification), and being very careful with every item.

It kept her from being idle. To be idle meant to invite harrowing thoughts to mind, and Nazli was doing her best to avoid those. There was no mistaking her own physical changes however: the maturation that befell every teenager as they moved from gawky adolescent to something more permanent. While she was oblivious to these things, unlike others.

Tags for reference, open!
you'll see how the rest of this is undeniable
260 Posts
Ooc —
she had spent some of the morning tending and tidying the room of the queen, under heavy supervision. then she had gone to sort some stores of tavina's. now she was out into the palace again.

this time in a frantic hurry to find work, before it found her.

it was then she found nazli, tending to something in what looked like the starts of another store. her tail wiggled behind her as she announced herself.

miss nazli, respectful, with a dip of her front half. may i help? perhaps it was clear from her tone that she searched for a distraction too.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
It was not uncommon for fellahin to help one-another, or even for Nazli to work long hours alone. This would be the first interaction between Nazli and the sanpin without another present. When the small, strange woman appeared the girl didn't quite know what to say.

She had made sure to keep out of Tavina's way with Nala's arrival. Something about sharing the space had unsettled her, and so she'd not spent much time with her mentor or this newcomer.

Um, yes, I... Sure, the girl murmured.

I'm trying to organize these samples. She went on to explain, and put great effort in to not looking at Nala at all. Do you um, recognize them? They're all things I found recently. I have yet to... show Miss Tee.

At once Nazli felt quite immature, and bashful, having used Tavina's childish little nickname from when Nazli was very small. It had come out so naturally, as if she were speaking to one of the fellahin.
260 Posts
Ooc —
i dunno what all is there so i winged it based off of the mesa ecology, let me know if it's not okay! :D

i can't with the seeds. she started with softly, near apologetic. that was something that would be better for tavina directly. miss tee, as the fellahin girl had so affectionately said. it warmed her.

but this, she used a dainty paw to carefully set it before a bundle of leaves. is wild mint. i recognize it from her stores.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Ah! She found this stuff while in Fairspell Meadow, but I think mint works either way. :D

Most of what she'd gathered was seeds, some sprouted and some not, of varying sizes and states of readiness. It was a touch disheartening that no answer was forthcoming but Nazli figured it was a long shot for those. Very few seeds were utilized within Akashingo - the only one she could think up on the spot was of poppy, and Nazli had been told to never go near it.

As for some of the gathered herbs, Nala pointed to one and named it. Nazli immediately felt stupid for not recognizing what should've been obvious. How many times had she gone through Tavina's stores for her? Organized them, even used them for lessons?

Oh, yes. Nazli agreed and gave a little nod. It could've been that the fresh variety smelled different, or it was a different kind altogether, but the girl still felt intimately out-done.

I was hoping to... maybe, if the weather allows it... plant these, and cultivate a garden. Nazli went on to explain. They're from the meadow due east.
260 Posts
Ooc —
her ears stood tall like a bat. intrigued by the idea of a garden!

will you make the garden in the meadow? i-i have never seen it. she confessed in hushed excitement. or will it be here?

there was a soft tremble to her. uncertain if she should remain composed, or if she was allowed this sense of excitement before a fellahin.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Nazli hadn't expected much interest in the idea, but she was pleased to some degree when Nala proved invigorated by it. She loosened up a little bit when asked the questions and was happy enough to answer.

Yes, that was my thought. It would be nice to have a little patch of the meadow to visit. I had thought to somehow grow plants to attract bees, which was an odd thought and made her immediately self-conscious, and was ready at once to claim it to be stupid or ridiculous to save face. That way Akashingo would never run out of honey, and there would be more mead available. Such as at the wedding.

It seemed a good idea to Nazli, but she would wait and gauge the sanpin's reaction before showing it.
260 Posts
Ooc —
her tail was a feather duster behind her, sweeping in her delight.

oh, nazli! her paws did a soft tip tap beyond her control. the young girl was so smart and vibrant! she knew all at once that she could learn so much from the fellahin.

do you...think if the seeds are placed now they will crop up in the spring? or must you wait beyond winter?