Redhawk Caldera You cheated on me? When I specifically asked you not to?
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia met her gaze and felt tears threatening, but they didn't fall. Lilitu was gorgeous and, in that moment, reminded her so much of Ibis. Maia had the strange feeling then of being old, suddenly. When had her life become here? At some point, every desire to wander had completely disappeared. There was nothing out there that could compare to what the Caldera had for her now.

It was a painful question, in a lot of ways, but Maia nodded. She was happy to answer it even if the memories were sometimes hard to revisit. There were more ghosts than not in them.

My dad and mom used to talk about this place. Your grandpa, my big brother, and Wraen and Sarah were all born here. On the coast, in a pack called Donnelaith. They left, but he came back, and Wraen and Sarah did too. I came to find them. And I wanted to see the places I'd heard so much about. None of the places were quite what they'd said - they were both more and less. In the stories, Donnelaith had never been empty.

I stayed with Terance for a while, when your mom was younger. But Wraen wanted to leave and I went with her. I don't really know much after that. I didn't... I should have visited more. She blinked, then smiled, laughing a little at how ridiculous it was. She couldn't have known, right? But that didn't mean she forgave herself for it. But Wraen and I, we traveled. Mom and dad, Terance and Sarah, they're all gone now too. But we do still have family out there, by where I was born. At least we did. There was a fire, but most of the pack got away. Your aunts and uncles, I guess. She didn't know if they were still there, but if Lilitu was looking, maybe they would be able to help if they were. The chances weren't great that Arielle would even know they existed, but weirder things had happened, right?

I wish I could tell you more. But until we found Ibis and you, I didn't know where you ended up. You're the only family I have left here, I think. She looked at Lilitu, her eyes a little misty. You and Eljay. I really hope you find her. It's worth it. She wouldn't have changed a single moment with her own sister. Even if it meant eventually losing her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You cheated on me? When I specifically asked you not to? - by Maia - November 25, 2022, 03:56 AM