Lion Head Mesa You're staring while I'm blinking
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

595 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
It took a moment for Nazli to understand what was being shared. That it went beyond using someone; her purpose was divine, or as close to it as she could get with her station in life. She didn't have to like it - there was no avoiding it now anyway - but maybe through these lessons she could become less afraid of it. The others, those older fellahin who had come before Nazli, they thrived. Why not her, too?

Thinking of the divine nature of the act, and the similarities between such a ritual and those of the we'eb, gave her some comfort. Nazli still did not know what to expect. But she thought of Senmut, of his morning prayers done without fail, and felt a little better.

I would like to know more. As much as I can learn... well, before acting. Before being taught the... acts, these passions. It still felt wrong to speak of it! How small she felt, and childish for being squeamish on the subject. She would soon be year upon the earth and yet she was afraid of this?

This, which she had no name for. The specifics evaded her. If only this were a choice.
Messages In This Thread
You're staring while I'm blinking - by Sokha - November 28, 2022, 06:47 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Nazli - November 28, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Sokha - November 28, 2022, 07:23 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Nazli - November 28, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Sokha - November 28, 2022, 11:20 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Nazli - November 28, 2022, 11:39 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Sokha - November 28, 2022, 11:56 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Nazli - November 29, 2022, 12:34 AM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Sokha - December 07, 2022, 09:39 PM
RE: You're staring while I'm blinking - by Nazli - January 11, 2023, 12:39 AM