Lion Head Mesa persimmon
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
Nazli slept through the morning and deep in to the day, missing her usual moment of waking, and did not rise to meet the dawn. She had been given leave for the day; but this wasn't a choice, this sleep. The drinking of the night before had made sleep come readily, and then the inevitable pain which the girl had not expected.

Her head was pounding when she did eventually rise. The alcove was almost too warm and when she tried to slide off of her sleeping furs, she moreso tumbled, and felt as if the world was somehow alive and pulsing.

What spell was this? Had she failed in her role so poorly that she had earned herself a curse? With a moan the girl flopped back among the sleeping furs and tried to find comfort again; within moments she kicked off some layers, twisted one way, then another, and found herself wallowing.
you'll see how the rest of this is undeniable
260 Posts
Ooc —
she still lived in a state of near honeymooning.

even if now she did spend long days praying over the health of her womb, of her home, of her new marriage. then prayed that she might not bring any new life into this world until the winter had come and gone. when the snow no longer clung to the lands beyond akashingo or when the cold at night did not bite so sharp.

it had instilled a further fretfulness in her.

which was why, perhaps, she caught the soft commotion with her tall bat-like ears. perplexed, but most of all worried.

owlishly she peered into the room that nazli 'slept' in now.

are you okay?

her voice soft in case the girl had already fallen asleep again.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
There was nothing to be done but to rest, she knew that. Yet Nazli was awake now and in pain, and she could think of nothing else but the many things she should be doing. There were meals that needed preparing, places to clean, people to wait upon — but it was not her job today! Ramesses himself had made it so. Oh, her head!

She rolled again, and this time caught sight of the elfin Nala; this woman who was sanpin no longer, and had been absent from the halls. Nazli had not made mention of this and only took notice now, in her sorry state, because of how suddenly the hemet arrived.

I think I am ill, she moaned.

Nazli rolled to her back and rested her head upon the pile of furs, feeling it pound, and squinting at the darkness of the ceiling as if it had somehow offended her. There was... dinner, with the pharaoh. Last night. All at once she was bolting over and up, her fur a disheveled mess of bedhead chaos.

The pharaoh! What if the meal was poisoned? Her eyes were wide and then squinting again. Everything felt as if it were still shifting forward for Nazli and she leaned on an elbow to steady herself. Has he been ill? She did not understand the effects of wine, as it had been her first time tasting it.
260 Posts
Ooc —
ill!

already tall bat-like ears perked up at once. rigid in their height now. nala had been all but prepared to whisk away the girl to tavina's space, but it seemed there were possibly harsher manners at hand.

i have heard nothing of him being sick. nala cautiously took a step forward, another one. she wondered just how much nazli might let her be a source of comfort! they hardly knew each other beyond manners of work, but nala was not blind to the way tavina cared for the girl.

how do you feel, specifically?
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
The girl groaned. She slid her head low against the furs and held herself with long, thin limbs.
My head! My eyes. Everything hurts. Nazli did not know why she should feel this way, and certainly didn't see any of the other fellahin experiencing these symptoms; it had to be something done to her by nefarious means! If she felt this badly, then certainly the pharaoh felt it too, and she worried.
When I stand up my belly wants to empty. So she kept herself low now, wallowing in the ache of her hangover.
260 Posts
Ooc —
i will gather things for you.

she felt certain she had learned enough under the presence of tavina. she could handle a possible headache and bellyache.

stay here. keep a leg over your eyes. i will return before you know it.

with a damp furskin, with ginger for the belly. she did not think it safe to try to get the girl to eat yet!
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
It did not take much prompting for Nazli to comply. She drew a foreleg over her face in the pose of a damsel in true distress, sighing wearily.

Her eyes felt hot! Her face too; everything was spinning if she moved even an inch.

Nala would return soon enough with things - remedies. Nazli didn't want to move and groaned when she accepted any aid.
260 Posts
Ooc —
i know it's short, but maybe a fade? trying to trim down nala's threads some <3

and she returned!

a paste of the ginger upon a palm and the skin prepared in a cool temperature. these things she offered to nazli now after wordlessly announcing her return.

she was prepared to see through that the girl could manage to keep down the paste and that the wet 'rag' could settle on her head comfortably.