Gyrfalcon's Keep Hello there sir….
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Limit Two 
@Rusalka

Greyfalcon was wandering around her newfound home territory, she looked around slowly, taking in all the sights, sounds, and… smells?
She could smell an unfamiliar scent, it might have been another packmate, so she walked into that direction before stopping to continue to examine the air.

Who would she run into, she thought. Friend or foe?
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Konungr*
bravo six
157 Posts
Ooc — delaney
dutifully, the cairn keeps watch over the temple ... when the high priestess and her acolyte were within and many a times when they were not. and though rusalka doubts anyone within hljodrfell would be stupid enough to disturb the holy place, he is it's brooding sentry all the same.

his 'shift' ends and he stretches his legs as he is relieved from it.

he considers hunting food for solveig but his intent is halted at the sound of footfalls.

he has not strayed too far from the temple grounds and he feels the prickly nature of himself bubble to the surface. halt! he snaps his teeth when she comes into view. you stray too close to the temple. do you have purpose there?
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(June 15, 2023, 04:23 AM)Rusalka Wrote: dutifully, the cairn keeps watch over the temple ... when the high priestess and her acolyte were within and many a times when they were not. and though rusalka doubts anyone within hljodrfell would be stupid enough to disturb the holy place, he is it's brooding sentry all the same.

he considers hunting food for solveig but his intent is halted at the sound of footfalls.

he has not strayed too far from the temple grounds and he feels the prickly nature of himself bubble to the surface. halt! he snaps his teeth when she comes into view. you stray too close to the temple. do you have purpose there?
She stood frozen. Her hair almost standing on end.
This wolf was massive… much larger and more fit than her. She did not dare to come close to the temple, yet she did not know where it was.

“I am sorry good sir.” She bowed her head in submission, clearly this man was higher than her in both rank and… in height. “I have no ill intentions I promise you that.” She said in a soft but firm voice. “I did not know these were holy grounds.”
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(June 15, 2023, 10:06 PM)Greyfalcon Wrote:
(June 15, 2023, 04:23 AM)Rusalka Wrote: dutifully, the cairn keeps watch over the temple ... when the high priestess and her acolyte were within and many a times when they were not. and though rusalka doubts anyone within hljodrfell would be stupid enough to disturb the holy place, he is it's brooding sentry all the same.

She stood frozen. Her hair almost standing on end.
This wolf was massive… much larger and more fit than her. She did not dare to come close to the temple, yet she did not know where it was.

“I am sorry good sir.” She bowed her head in submission, clearly this man was higher than her in both rank and… in height. “I have no ill intentions I promise you that.” She said in a soft but firm voice. “I did not know these were holy grounds.”
She knew she eventually had to meet her high honor the priestess, but today was not that day. She was simply roaming her newfound homeland to get a feel for the territory, maybe meet a fellow packmate. But not in this sense, this man seemed very cold, like an ocean. A deep dark one….
Raventhorpe
Konungr*
bravo six
157 Posts
Ooc — delaney
though prickly as he is rusalka would argue that he was no sir and certainly not good, he does not.

this was no time and no place to be argumentative.

she apologizes for straying too close and states that she has no ill intentions. he scrutinizes her beneath his unyielding gaze, finding that her facial features and submissive posturing of her head tell her words to be true.

still, the cerberus nature of rusalka is not entirely appeased by her words alone.

did someone not give you a tour? he asks gruffly. they should've and they should've mentioned the temple. if not as warning to not disrupt it ... or it's inhabitants while in prayer. it was true the temple was empty for the time being and his own shift guarding it was dismissed for this purpose ... but he lingers.

he may not believe in the old gods of the high priestess but that did not mean he did not take his duty seriously.

but ... there was no sense in talking in circles. he had spoken and she had been made aware of the path her straying paws took her.

i am rusalka. vorðr, he repeats the title given to him, the word sounding strange on his tongue; not used to speaking it. guardian of this holy place.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(June 18, 2023, 06:57 AM)Rusalka Wrote: though prickly as he is rusalka would argue that he was no sir and certainly not good, he does not.

this was no time and no place to be argumentative.

she apologizes for straying too close and states that she has no ill intentions. he scrutinizes her beneath his unyielding gaze, finding that her facial features and submissive posturing of her head tell her words to be true.

still, the cerberus nature of rusalka is not entirely appeased by her words alone.

did someone not give you a tour? he asks gruffly. they should've and they should've mentioned the temple. if not as warning to not disrupt it ... or it's inhabitants while in prayer. it was true the temple was empty for the time being and his own shift guarding it was dismissed for this purpose ... but he lingers.

he may not believe in the old gods of the high priestess but that did not mean he did not take his duty seriously.

but ... there was no sense in talking in circles. he had spoken and she had been made aware of the path her straying paws took her.

i am rusalka. vorðr, he repeats the title given to him, the word sounding strange on his tongue; not used to speaking it. guardian of this holy place.
This man seemed to not be pleased. Yet she continued to show submission. She hoped he would find mercy in her words.

“I was not quite given a tour.” She started. “Except I was told there was a temple here and I was to not disturb it as the preistess was in a time of prayer.” “But I was not told where the temple was, but now I know. She thought this a good time to turn back and head the way she came. She hoped he would let her go in peace. “May you tell me where I can find the area with the most wolves? So I may meet more members of the pack?” She wanted to find maybe a meeting area that was “not” a sacred temple.
Raventhorpe
Konungr*
bravo six
157 Posts
Ooc — delaney
she offers no introduction herself.

only a muttering of explanation: that she hadn't been given much of a tour and that she hadn't known the temple's location.

rusalka lets out a low grunt; displeased.

not a man capable of hiding his annoyance, oft a mercurial as the Sea herself.

no. he says it simply; truthfully. i do not frequent places inhabited by the bulk of the pack. an antisocial behavior of his own making, surely.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(June 25, 2023, 05:32 AM)Rusalka Wrote: she offers no introduction herself.

only a muttering of explanation: that she hadn't been given much of a tour and that she hadn't known the temple's location.

rusalka lets out a low grunt; displeased.

not a man capable of hiding his annoyance, oft a mercurial as the Sea herself.

no. he says it simply; truthfully. i do not frequent places inhabited by the bulk of the pack. an antisocial behavior of his own making, surely.
(I’ve got a really busy week coming up, so can we archive the thread after this last response?)

She could see that the man was displeased with her presence, she before she headed in the opposite direction she bid him ado.
“Well, thank you for your time sir. I’ll be off now….”