Moonsong Glacier cirsium occidentale
27 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Private 
backdated to february 6th, following this thread. @Aditya

The last act of service for his dear mother complete, Waxwing planned to head south to Paleo. They had fed and sheltered him for a time, and he owed it to at least let them know he was okay. And if they had room for him, perhaps he would stick around there for the long run. This thought, however, was quickly brushed aside when a familiar scent tickled his nose. Father.

Eager for the comfort of a parental figure so shortly after losing the life of his other, Waxwing beelined it toward the pack where his father's scent was the strongest. It had been some time since he had seen @Aditya, but Waxwing knew that would not matter. The young man called for his father, a sad note in his voice.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
the call took him by surprise; the tone even more so. but it was the appearance of waxwing along the border that bowled him over most of all, and aditya accelerated his pace into a trot to meet the young man, pressing his muzzle to the other's forehead if allowed.

waxwing, he breathed, smiling gently. his eyelids parted and he pulled back, wondering at the sight of this handsome, grown wolf. i can't believe it. what brings you here?

nothing good, said his gut, and then he remembered the somber notes within the howl. immediately, he presumed the worst. tytonidae, perhaps? or even. . .

he clenched his teeth, willing it untrue. not bad news of ani; say it wasn't so—
27 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
His father's nose to his forehead nearly broke him, but Waxwing did his best to remain strong. He had known his mother's condition was bad as soon as he'd been called to look after her, but he had thought it would improve. Unfortunately, her health had only declined. And now... now...

It's mother, he managed to choke out, unable to look his father in the eye. She's... I took her to where she was born, like she asked. I couldn't go all the way because somebody's living there, but— He couldn't breathe anymore. He pushed his whole body against Aditya, wanting—no, needing—comfort in this moment.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
not shenanigans, but tytonidae. while waxwing didn't say it outright, it was easy enough to read between the lines.

oh, beta, he murmured, as his son pressed into his embrace. i am so sorry. she was an amazing woman. 

it wasn't all too surprising, given her age, but sad still the same. he would mourn the mother of his children alongside waxwing, who now—

he looked down upon the young man with a cocked head once they've pulled away. and now, where will you stay? adi asked. he gave a brief gesture behind him, toward the glacier. my son—your elder half-brother, he amended with a small smile, leads this pack. i am sure you would be welcome.

it would be good for both of them, he thought, to lean on each other now, here.
27 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
He shuddered against the weight of his father. It had been so hard to watch Mother decline, and yet Waxwing was so happy he had been there for her. He knew the relationship between his parents was an odd one, at best.

She wanted you to know how thankful she was for giving her kids. She'd never had that before us. And she would have no more now, Waxwing realized. Finally, he pulled away, his chest still tight with sorrow.

The offer wasn't unexpected, but Waxwing knew he had other things to attend to first.

I'm going to go see how Mahler and his crew are doing, Waxwing said. I don't feel bad for leaving them, but I know I should go back and see if they still want me there. If they don't... I don't know. I might just wander for awhile.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
adi swallowed hard, ducking his head slightly at the words waxwing shared from tytonidae. words he hadn't quite expected. she had been a good mother; him as father? not so much.

but if she was grateful for the role he'd played. . .he would accept that gratitude in kind. it was worth its weight in gold.

they pulled away, and he nodded sagely as his son went over his next moves. nothing wrong with that, he remarked. with either of those plans, beta. just as long as you are happy—but i'm more than certain you'd have a place here, if one day you choose to return.

he just wished shenanigans was here with them—

oh, ani! she might never hear of her mother's death, though she could well assume it given tytonidae's age. still, the thought grieved him.