Honeyed Pasture Relax today worry tomorrow
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
@Dutch or @Aditya dated for the 5th

Minnow was on her way to moontide with her pack and the few from Hearthwood that had decided to travel with them to the pack by the sea. The woman stuck close to Tuft as of late especially since she was traveling once more to a place she’d never been to so her anxiety was through the roof with all the events that had transpired from becoming mates, making babies, as well as what his leader had been dealing with. 

What if he lost babies? What if she lost tuft. Or they became homeless.

She decided to go hunt to take her mind off these thoughts she was having and managed to catch a rabbit and the nasty smell of the sea was soon replaced by the metallic smell of blood
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
the patchwork girl filled his sights, a welcome distraction to the thoughts that had plagued him since leaving the glacier.

the kill-blood filled his senses, a welcome—

well caught, he remarked, nodding toward the prey at her paws. are you—

his nostrils flared, catching the scent of not one but multiple wolves on her pelt, ranging from mountain to sea. he paused at that, legs stiffening, unsure of his next move.

aditya took a breath, and asked, what pack is yours?
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
A man came up to her and she hadn’t noticed him at all until he spoke and she turned to him quickly. The hairs in her neck standing up from the shock. He asked questions and for once the woman didn’t know how to respond. “Moonglow.” She stated simply. “Maybe…I don’t know anymore. I’m traveling with my leader we just left Hearthwood to Moontide.” She kept a straight face but deep down she held down tears. Which was probably just pregnancy exaggerating her emotions but a very emotional girl plus pregnancy just doesn’t really go well.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he'd startled her; he drew back slightly, making himself less threatening, tail swishing by his back ankles.

i know moonglow and moontide, he assured her, smiling gently. there was some turmoil in the way she spoke, or so he perceived—he kept his demeanor as light as possible in light of it.

i'm part of morningsong—allies to your moon-packs, aditya continued. my son just traveled to moontide some time ago. he's back now, though; you'll have gone right past each other.

the old man cocked his head, surveying the woman. she was pretty, multi-colored, and a scent about her that sparked something within him— what's your name, ladki?
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman relaxed a bit as the man spoke and he spoke a pack that she was familiar with and so she relaxed completely now that she knew he was of an allied pack.

She returned his smile and her ears perked up at the familiar name of his pack. “I’m familiar with that pack I believe my cousin runs it. However I don’t know their name.” He then mentioned something about his son and she got to wondering. “My name is Minnow and yours?” She questioned.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
that stopped him short, and he peered at her more intently, chewing upon that word cousin. who else could she be referring to. . .?

my name is aditya, he replied. and my son's name is dutch. if dutch is your cousin, then—

she was one of grayday's blood. she had to be. 

who are your parents, minnow? adi asked, all the while trying to put the pieces together himself. sudden joy at finding more family was threatening to take the wind out of him as he waited for her response.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
So here she found more family her tail swayed just slightly as she listened to him speak and she couldn’t hide the smile on her face. “My parents are Sunny and Aliac.” She stated simply, wondering if he had perhaps knew her mother. She didn’t remember much of the woman. “You would be my uncle then right?” She questioned
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he was almost surprised by the tears that came to his eyes upon her reply, though he was able to blink them away easily enough. happy tears, of course.

i suppose i am your uncle, yes, aditya replied, grinning. your father was practically a brother to me, even before dawn and easy. aliac was a sweet girl. i haven't seen either of them in a while. . .

he let that trail off, afraid of the knowledge minnow might hold that he did not. right— he went on, mentally counting back the seasons. and you had brothers, right? are they here with you now? his words were coming quicker in his joy.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She felt happiness pure happiness one she hadn’t felt in so long. She found family and they were happy to have found her as well. He spoke of her parents and she wondered if he had been made aware of what had happened. 

“My parents…Their gone… a bear slain my mother and my father… I have yet to find what became of him.”  She lowered her head in sadness at speaking of it. “My brother Aeryn I don’t know where he is but valiant resides in Moonglow.” 

She felt sadness speaking about it cause soon she’d have to leave him again, for the sake of her babies. “I am traveling with Moonglows leader, learning of medicine all while searching for a new pack for my mate and our future pups.”
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
oh, minnow, he murmured, and touched his muzzle to the crown of her head, if she'd allow. i'm so sorry, ladki. he said a brief prayer for aliac and sunny, lingering longer upon the young man he'd known so well, long ago. 

give him peace, hari.

happier subjects came, then, and he let the smile return to his face. congratulations, minnow, adi said. so many exciting things for you! as for a pack, well—i'm more than sure we have room upon the glacier for you and your family, if you choose.

surely dutch would welcome his cousin and her future brood. and aditya was more than happy to have the niece he'd never known, born after he'd lost his head and headed after coelacanth.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Her tail swayed as her newly found family member spoke. She hadn’t known that any of her family had been left but now she just kept finding them and she was thrilled for it and with what he said next eased her anxiety a bit. “I would have to speak with my mate but I’m sure he wouldn’t object.” 

Why would he? 

It was her family after all. Her thoughts raced briefly but she claimed herself down for the moment.
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he smiled softly as she spoke and replied, tell me of him, ladki.

all the while, he observed the young woman quietly. he saw more aliac in her than sunny, especially physically. she had a sweetness of nature that belonged to both of her parents, of course.

dutch would be happy to know her—he was certain of it.

and how did you come to be interested in medicine? adi went on. i wish you could have known pema, an old friend of ours—she was a healer, and a very good one. and very dear to myself and your father.