Noctisardor Bypass is your mom free tonight
Rivenwood
Butternut
8 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Read Only 
Welcome to Gideon's baby journal threads! Here's how they work: I'll try to post one thread per day for Gideon as I get to know him and work on my activity, and the thread will stay open for that day only. Any 1 character is welcome to join and it will become a normal 1v1 thread with no deadlines, or it will be archived as a read only thread the next day if no one hops in!

Day 2: Gideon requires a warm blanket.

There was no dearth of visitors following the birth of Ezra and Gideon. He was still unaware of the other puppies Heda frequently watched over and nursed; he felt their bodies jostling against his, but as he had no womb-bond with them, they hardly registered as living beings to him. Somehow in all the madness, he managed to find his brother whenever he sought company from a similar sized creature. The others were mere obstacles in his unending quest for sustenance, warmth, and safety.

He had just finished crawling over one of these obstacles, which received at least one kick from his hind paw and a slap with one of his tails as he slid down the other side. He lifted his head on a wobbly neck and bobbed it about, almost as though he was seeking a scent. In a way, he was, but his nose still afforded him only a muddled sense of his world.

But that nub at the end of his squashed face was quite adept at feeling heat, and that explained his pause. In his slow, laborious way, he began to inch across the den floor, lifting his head as best he could every few seconds to seek the welcoming warmth of an adult body to cuddle up against.