Pledged
Shadow Ridge
60 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
@Zharille @Moss for ref or joining<3

Aapa never came home.

He never came to pick her up.

He never drew out that familiar noise of entering the ulaq.

He never came back.

Nutuyik had cried each night into the bed of a new woman's chest, and if she believed hard enough that it was her aaka or aapa, then it was just enough to rock her into that goodnight. Few words had been mustered out. Tautuk and Maaksi might have missed her too, and so she wondered each night when the frogs roused, when the stars glittered, if they shared the same desire to share a meal together again.

Time still moved, and she still had to eat. Still had to drink. She met her reflection today at the lake.
"BAAAhhh???"
Loner
crying is okay here
53 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Just a quick one to save him from the checker lol
Let me know if he would have been run off and I can remove this! Tag for ref <3

The lake was a strange place— with the growling woman, and autumn man who was familiar but in a way that Moss had trouble placing. Determined to stay near the lost child, Moss was careful to respect the giantess's boundaries, inching only as close as she allowed. Despite their efforts, he had little opportunity to speak with the fawn-colored child during the time that had passed. His heart ached to comfort her, to find out where she belonged, and to reunite her with her family.

The little wolf contemplated seeking out @Eset, who he knew was nearby. She was wise and well-informed about the packs that roamed the region. Surely, she might have some sort of resource or knowledge to help discover child’s origins. After all, the girl couldn’t have come from too far away.

As these thoughts swirled in his mind, Moss reached out absentmindedly, tapping a nail against the lake's crystal surface. The water rippled gently under their touch, causing the clouds above to warp and wriggle.

Suddenly, a sound broke the stillness, causing Moss to startle and plunge their paw into the icy water. He stood, turning swiftly and shaking off his forelimb like a cat, droplets of water scattering around him. What's the matter? They called, scanning the area.

from my rotting body flowers shall grow