The Sunspire the veil lifted
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Amekaze knew much of the territories, and Charon listened with piqued interest. Perhaps once upon a time he would have liked to claim his prized Horizon Ridge, near to where Osprey lived and a place that he frequently visited in his youth. Now, however, the thought of settling close to Blacktail Deer Plateau left a sour taste in his mouth. While Amekaze had not asked about his injuries -- something that mystified him, because Charon himself was a very curious creature and it would have been among his very first questions if he found an injured wolf seeking help -- Charon himself had not forgotten what Dante had done to him. Some day he would get his revenge, but right now he just wanted to forget any of it had ever happened and he most certainly did not want to move close to Dante.

When he realised that he was frowning darkly thinking about the Plateau and Dante, Charon forced a smile back on his face and said, with as nonchalant a mask in his voice as he could muster: "Yeah, probably not close to the Plateau. Or any other packs, for that matter." And while he loved Horizon Ridge, that probably made it too close. It was unfortunate that Amekaze didn't know much about what mountains the far north held. Fortunately, Charon knew of some of them. "Silvertip Mountain, south of the Bay, hosts a pack. And I know that Redtail Rise is in the northeast, but it's claimed. One of my brothers lives there. There's another mountain near there, but it's pretty close to it." Charon had no clue that tragedy had struck Redtail Rise and that they had relocated themselves. "And there was Duskfire Glacier. But it's been a while since I visited that far east, so I dunno if they're still around." The foolish trip to the Glacier and all that spun from it seemed like a lifetime ago to Charon now; perhaps the wolves weren't even about any longer.

"Yeah, I get that," said Charon when Amekaze said she wanted to inform her wolves. If it were the other way around, he would probably want to inform his wolves too, rather than tell them to pack their things and come with him (or just leave and later inform them to come after him). When she asked him when he wanted to leave, Charon pursed his lips. "Soon. I'm still pretty stiff, but I don't think the scabs'll open up if I don't run into anything weird along the way. I'd like to let my pack know I'm okay, and tell them about all of this." Perhaps the road would be long and hard, but it would be worth it once he'd get there; Charon couldn't wait to be home and inform his pack of the decisions they were ahead of them. He hoped they would receive them with as much enthusiasm as he had.

He considered for a moment before he suggested: "Maybe you could come after, whenever you've let your wolves know, and we could check out the mountains south of the Bay?" It would be a trying wait until he would see her again and they could start the future of their pack together, but it'd give each of them some time to inform their wolves and get used to the idea before the search would start.
Messages In This Thread
the veil lifted - by Charon - September 11, 2015, 01:51 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 12, 2015, 01:17 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 12, 2015, 09:50 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 13, 2015, 02:35 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 13, 2015, 03:43 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 13, 2015, 08:22 PM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 14, 2015, 03:28 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 14, 2015, 04:03 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 14, 2015, 06:29 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 14, 2015, 05:40 PM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 15, 2015, 01:39 AM