The Sunspire the veil lifted
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded in agreement about the storm damage. He hadn't considered it much himself yet -- at least not when it came to the mountains -- but he'd seen enough damage across the board to know that it was a very real probability some of the mountains had been damaged, too. Half of Stavanger Bay had been faded to bits too, after all.

When Amekaze mentioned the outrider, Charon hoped that it wasn't a wolf that had got lost, as it might take some more time to find them if they were. Still, they didn't need to get there today or tomorrow (although Charon sure wanted to); they had time for such things. "They got lost? Or just travel far a lot?" he asked, mostly out of curiosity, and because he recnognise the feeling when the wolves you were responsible for ran off here and there and you had to go out looking for them, hoping they'd ever return.

Amekaze asked him about the wolves of the Bay, and Charon considered for a moment what he would say, specifically. There was so much to tell, but he wanted to pick the best tidbits of information to tell. He considered telling about the Bay's past, but then decided to tell something about its present wolves first: "Well, there's Thistle. She's had a hard time dealing with wolves she lost. We got a few small pups: Floki, Ragna and Kaylan. They're like, my little siblings. Levi's real good with the pups. Thistle's not my real mom, but she and Ragnar sorta adopted me 'n Levi after our parents and siblings died." He said this with little emotion, for even though he always liked to bring the sad facts of his life up to garner sympathy, right now raking up pitiful looks wasn't on Charon's agenda. "We lost the fourth pup, Jorunn, when a bear attacked and he fell into the sea. One of our wolves, Atreyu, he's got three and a half legs 'cause he distracted the bear to save the other pup that was there. He's doing pretty well on three legs os far."

Little did Charon know that his pack had further shrunk in the time he had gone. "Aesop can be broody at times, but he's pretty trustworthy otherwise. He did leave for a while recently, so... I dunno. I hope he'll stick around this time. Other than that we've got Saskia. I found her cold and hungry during the storm. She owes me one, so she pledged loyalty to me." He looked at Amekaze, wondering if she had any questions -- and if she cared to say things about her Spire wolves.
Messages In This Thread
the veil lifted - by Charon - September 11, 2015, 01:51 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 12, 2015, 01:17 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 12, 2015, 09:50 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 13, 2015, 02:35 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 13, 2015, 03:43 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 13, 2015, 08:22 PM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 14, 2015, 03:28 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 14, 2015, 04:03 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 14, 2015, 06:29 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 14, 2015, 05:40 PM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 15, 2015, 01:39 AM