Great Bear Wilderness Talk dirty to me
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
I know I'm right, Charon thought to himself, brimming with youthful and outward confidence, but he didn't say it. Even he realised that might make him look arrogant. Dash seemed interested in his pack, and seemed to think him a good leader, which made Charon wonder if he would be interested in staying with the pack. He didn't ask though, simply answering the question instead. "We're thinking of settling on a mountain of sorts," he said. That was what Amekaze wanted, after all, and Charon liked the sentiment. A mountain would make a good throne for him and his wolves to sit on while they looked over the world. It would feel fantastic to own a mountain, he knew, even if it pained him to leave the shores behind. If only there had been a mountain near the ocean. A mountain with a bay, that would've been perfect, but alas, no such thing existed, as far as Charon knew.

"My pack, Stavanger Bay, is a small group. Thistle's my adoptive mother." Charon wondered if Dash would find it strange he spoke so of his adoptive mother and waited briefly in case he was asked to elaborate on the situation (Charon himself thought that because she was his adoptive mother, he knew all the better what was best for her and her position in the pack), then continued: "Of her children this year there's only one left, unfortunately, but he's a real smart kid. Brave, too. He really is the strongest of the litter." Charon really did miss Kaylan and Ragna too, though, as well as Jorunn. "Their dad died earlier this year, which is one of the reasons Thistle's been... y'know." It made sense that she had been dealing with the grief, but still, the pack's interests needed to be kept in check as far as Charon was concerned.

"And Atreyu's got three and a half legs. He's like a war veteran, y'know? Protected the pups from a bear once." If not for Atreyu's stalling, maybe Flóki would be gone too. "And there's Saskia, she's pretty cool too. She owes me for saving her life during the terrible storm couple of months ago, and she's stuck with us ever since." Charon picked his words carefully, making sure not to mention the whole slavery thing, as he'd learned it could throw others off. "We had a couple others, but they left." Bitterly Charon thought of Levi, who'd vanished shortly before his own trip away. "So they're all great wolves with great heart, soul and spirit, but we're small. My co-Alpha Amekaze's got like four wolves or something too, so we'll be decent sized going into winter, but we're hoping to pick up a few more good wolves before then so we're sure we'll do well through winter."

Charon smiled as he finished the story about his pack and that of Amekaze. He wondered if Dash had interest in the pack, but still didn't ask, figuring it was easier to weave the fact they could use some extra wolves, if he was interested, into the story and see how Dash would react to that. He seemed the type to wander, but then, good outriders could be useful too.
Messages In This Thread
Talk dirty to me - by Dash - September 22, 2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Charon - September 23, 2015, 05:27 AM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Dash - September 23, 2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Charon - September 23, 2015, 11:49 AM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Dash - September 23, 2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Charon - September 25, 2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Dash - September 25, 2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Charon - September 25, 2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Dash - September 25, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Charon - September 25, 2015, 02:15 PM
RE: Talk dirty to me - by Dash - September 25, 2015, 03:20 PM