Moonspear i'm a georgia warhorse, and i ain't easy to kill
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Much like Arcturus, his brother Revui had also been vaulted in to the adult ranks; however his mental acuity wasn't quite on-par with the shadow and so, he took the news without fully comprehending it, and lacked the same level of care. For all he knew, he was now the resident guardian of the borders and his parents had merely made note of it — he was often sulking along the alpine level of their claim, and occasionally lurking in the foothills if he grew bored enough in his task. Otherwise, nothing changed for Revui.

He thought of himself as an extension of the Cerberus because of his lesson from Hydra, as their one-on-one conversation had cemented such a concept in his mind. He still felt like the prince of the mountain, he still wanted to maim anyone who came too close (and had yet to be given the go-ahead, insert teenage groan here), and had grown accustomed to a certain daily routine. That routine no longer hinged upon his brother's presence, which was a shift (perhaps in the wrong direction). Ever since Yami had gone missing the brothers had been scouring the mountainside and adjacent territories for signs of them, and the absence caused a small rift to form — both brothers suffering from the loss in their own way, and taking it out on one another at some point. This resulted in the rift widening, and Revui choosing to work rather than socialize (in his limited manner) as of late.

But today, as he took to pacing his usual route, he thought he spied a dark shape among the ferns of the wood and took off after it. Even after realizing it was Arcturus on a patrol, he did not let up; if anything, he became stealthier, child-like, as he began to stalk his brother in a game of cat-and-mouse like when they were cubs. They were bigger now, adults, but the eagerness with which Revui sought out his brother for a little rough-housing would not abate. It wasn't until he was so close he could've easily overtaken his brother's position, that he stopped cold. He watched from the criss-crossing shadows, slinking through the snow until he felt its chill seep through his bones and in to the pit of his stomach.

He remembered trying this before, charging at Arcturus and being set upon by teeth and rage, and that stopped him. The game slipped from his mind, then. Revui watched his brother bent over the ferns, creeping along soundlessly like one of the Cerberus (truly, for he was closer to them than Revui ever could be), but he did not emerge to meet him. He watched, and then he turned and began to depart — only to set his paw down in a particularly crunchy patch of snow which buckled easily beneath his substantial weight, and he let out a small huff of frustration upon realizing he'd be found out.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm a georgia warhorse, and i ain't easy to kill - by Revui (Ghost) - November 25, 2018, 06:16 PM