The Sunspire the world was on fire
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
it was hard for stigmata not to scoff at her mention of a mate, for he had been taught to spread his seed where allowed; in all the places most fertile and sustaining. he had considered settling only once before, and she had very recently rendered him cracked and destitute. but as much as the warhound preferred to look down on the things he did not agree with, mateship was not a concept he held in that same regard. he believed in the sanctity of such a relationship - perhaps even craved such a deep and lasting connection like that for himself - but he had never been driven to subscribe fully to that life, and it was unclear if he ever would.

his eyes narrowed over her in a look that was both amused and suspicious of her confessions. she had been willing to express false interest - in wolves perfectly deserving of her affections - just to make the iron hound burn with envy; a technique so perfected by her fairer gender that he did not doubt it would have worked to some degree. he growled lowly. a rumble of displeasure at the sudden prospect of being manipulated into pining...

but she claimed to no longer want no such a thing, and asked him to pay her the same courtesy. women - full to the brim with tricks that they were paranoid about others using on them. stigmata stiffened against her, and pulled away. "i do not play games," he warned the dawn gypsy; bothered by her insinuations. "i did not mention a mate because i have not sought to claim one, nor has anyone presumed to claim me." he looked at her up and down. was that what this was? "and regardless of my martial status, i intend to be a father. it is my desire, and my duty as general, and i have even brokered deals to ensure my line continues."

he watched closely to find out what this information might mean to ketzia. she seemed to be quite prudish values herself, bringing up this subject the way she did, but would she simply be put off by his cynicism regarding mateship? or would she find herself spurred to be seen as worthy of becoming a sandraudiga by name, as well as motherhood? she would certainly have an easier time elsewhere. there were surely miles of men who would die to be exclusive with her, and here stigmata stood, proverbially turning his nose up at the prospect. a wolf that would clearly need convincing on the true merits of mateship.
Messages In This Thread
the world was on fire - by Ketzia - January 06, 2019, 05:39 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Stigmata - January 07, 2019, 06:49 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Ketzia - January 16, 2019, 08:09 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Stigmata - January 17, 2019, 09:50 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Ketzia - January 18, 2019, 07:36 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Stigmata - January 18, 2019, 10:30 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Ketzia - January 19, 2019, 09:48 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Stigmata - January 20, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Ketzia - January 20, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Stigmata - January 20, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: the world was on fire - by Ketzia - January 22, 2019, 08:03 PM