Whitefish River Vote correctly or never see your loved ones again
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
That was even more difficult to answer. In fact, really nothing he could say here would be quite right. Vercingetorix gritted his teeth and decided to jump right into the shit, rather than trying to parse words or spare feelings. There wasn't a reason, he explained. We just did. Drago. . .

Fucking hell. The man sighed, and shook his head. Dragomir, I love you and your sister more than anything else in the world. More than anything I've ever loved before. The way I feel about your mom. . .that doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter, anyway. A pause, then he continued. But I know it's caused problems, and I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry if my attitude toward her drove her away. . .drove her away from you. That definitely wasn't what I ever wanted.

Things aren't easy, Verx stressed, staring at his son. And they're sure as hell not simple. I wish I could explain better, but I can't. It's complicated. I can't tell you what your mom is thinking, or why she does what she does. All I can do is explain what I'm thinking and feeling -- and be there for you. I'm gonna be there for you, buddy.

But he knew that no matter how fervently he said it, there would always be a part of Dragomir's trust that he'd never gain back. And Vercingetorix fucking detested himself for that.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
RE: Vote correctly or never see your loved ones again - by Vercingetorix - September 11, 2019, 01:12 PM