Sun Mote Copse Where it stops nobody knows
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,539 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
i have no idea!!! I wasn't around pre-wolf.  But that's awesome!!  I got the name from Charon/Osprey threads <3

He didn't build on it, but that was alright.  Sometimes wolves really liked to have a part to play in the story, especially much younger ones who had a hard time keeping their mouths shut in general! Bronco seemed the patient type.

Aaaaaa fox!  Maia replies, drawing out the first syllable with a playful grin. It began to run, but Starchaser yelled 'wait!  Do you know the knight of the forest?'  The fox stopped, then gave them both a nod of its black-pointed nose.

'I am the knight of the forest,' they responded without hesitating.  Both of the friends were speechless!  How could a fox be this amazing warrior they were looking for?  Maia made an expression as though she herself were also surprised by the news, lifting her tone to astonished.

'If you are truly a knight of the forest, then let me train with you,' Hawketh finally asked.  He wasn't all that bothered with the idea of training under a fox, since he was a pretty noble guy n all that.  The fox agreed, and for a while, Hawketh was his squire.

That was too easy, though, wasn't it?  As he trained, he noticed that he was asked to do a lot of menial tasks for the fox.  Things like digging a den, catching dinner, and guarding his naps.  Hawketh did not like complaining, but he did talk with Starchaser, who had doubts herself.  'I don't think he's the knight he says he is,' Hawketh said, and Starchaser agreed emphatically.

'There's no way. But I have an idea to prove it.'  She answered, beaming at him mischievously.  Maia grinned.  This story had been fun because it had real wolves to draw from, and this had been one of her favorite tactics when she'd thought someone in her family was lying as a kid.

Starchaser convinced the fox to tell the tale of his greatest knightly triumph.  She began to ask questions, slowly at first, but faster as the story went on.  Little ones, that didn't matter.  Hawketh joined too, until the fox began to get annoyed.  Then, he sprang the trap, and asked the same question they'd asked before, earlier in the story.

Maia grinned.  The question was what beast he'd defeated.  The fox gave the wrong answer, and then immediately knew it had been bested!!  Hawketh was just about to announce that they were leaving, but before he could, the fox revealed its true form.  It was a faery, one of the tricksters of the forest.

Ok yeah, so she was going to make this story a regular one about like... beating something up.  But she couldn't resist tossing something magic in, and once she did, it had taken a little different direction.   It said 'I'm honored to meet a being who could best me in tricks.  What do you want, wolf?  I'll give you a favor.'  Hawketh asked for directions to the real knight, and while they went, Starchaser was able to get all kinds of tales from the faery.  All in all, it was a good start to an adventure!  

Maia finished, then flicked her tail.  They'll run into a toooon of trouble further on of course.  This is a hero's journey.  She'd decided she'd do a whole series.  Hawk n Star, adventure duo.
Messages In This Thread
Where it stops nobody knows - by Maia - December 29, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by RIP Bronco - January 02, 2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by Maia - January 02, 2020, 05:14 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by RIP Bronco - January 02, 2020, 06:25 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by Maia - January 02, 2020, 10:32 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by RIP Bronco - January 05, 2020, 12:07 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by Maia - January 05, 2020, 10:48 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by RIP Bronco - January 06, 2020, 11:39 AM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by Maia - January 07, 2020, 06:42 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by RIP Bronco - January 21, 2020, 08:38 PM
RE: Where it stops nobody knows - by Maia - January 21, 2020, 11:47 PM