The Sunspire I cried "dear god, I am your child -- send your angels down."
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan dares to come closer. The urge to nudge his cheek almost sweetly has won, yet in the end, it doesn’t seem like the best idea. Or at least Riley doesn’t think so. The wounded wolf is snapping to Donovan both verbally and physically, a sharp sting of pain where Riley’s tooth nicked his muzzle where his whiskers lie. A small bead of blood pools and is hard noticed as the heavy rains washes it away. 

Donovan is perplexed. Absolutely lost in the sauce. Why? Donovan muses to himself mentally. He wants to make amends. 

The brindled male is still in his place, exactly where Riley left him. Nothing moves except for his own sunlit eyes flicking up to the reptilian wolf. Then a flick of his tongue in an attempt to soothe the pain. It doesn’t work. For he’s feeling different types of pain.

Still, he won’t let Riley walk out on him too. Not like Finley. Or Auriel and Colin. He steps forward, circular brows lifted sympathetically. Eyes dance along his wet body, the aggressive yet scared body language. 

“Riley. I’ve never lied to you.” He tries, unsure of the wolf would believe him once he has his mind set. “The pack is the only fucking thing I care about. I’d give my life to protect you guys. Yes, I lie to others to save my own ass, but I also lie to others to save your asses too.” Though his words might be harsh, his voice is soft. Displaying his unusual emotional attachment to his family. “If I hadn’t handled the situation like that, you, Dove, and myself could’ve died. Is that truly worth the verbal victory?”