Wild Fauna breeding questions
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
238 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Given the sheer rarity of Wild Fauna, the fact that different species adhere to their own (different) breeding frequencies and time of year compared to wolves, and there being a virtually unlimited number of Wild Fauna slots (whereas there are a limited number of puppy slots), I don't see why Wild Fauna should have MERs at all. I do think they should need a fellow Wild Fauna of the same species to be able to breed even if it's a species that doesn't require much or any involvement from one parent, because inherently, I just don't think it's fair to use NPCs for major developments in a collaborative game.

But the rarity of Wild Fauna means them breeding is a rare and unlikely event anyway, so I'd be in favour of leaving MERs out of the equation specifically for non-canine Wild Fauna. On that note, I think dogs and coyotes should be treated differently because they can breed with wolves and it would present a potential loophole for both parents requiring MERs if the Wild Fauna dog or coyote didn't need them.

I.e. if two pure coyotes breed, they don't require MERs because they can't take up pack pup slots, but if a coyote and a wolf breed, then they both need to meet the requirements because the pups will take up pack pup slots.
Messages In This Thread
Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 21, 2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding question - by RIP Niamh - October 21, 2020, 11:42 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 12:16 AM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 22, 2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 22, 2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 10:36 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 22, 2020, 10:54 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Umi - October 22, 2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Alyx - October 22, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: Wild Fauna breeding questions - by Arcturus - October 23, 2020, 08:32 AM