Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
ooo grats!!!

What had he found?

A brother, first—a replacement for the one he should have sought. Merrick's one-eyed stare surfaced in Revui's memory clearly, masked in blood, grinning toothily.

A lover, for too brief a time—the bear-woman's face now, Revui's stomach clenching, his jaw muscles taut. Responsibilities which he fled; none of this he felt right in explaining, not to anyone.

In thinking about it Revui did not think any less of Kukutux for having born his brother's children (the same could not be said for Jarilo, and in thinking of his elder brother Revui felt a twisting jealousy hook in to him fiercely; had he been by to visit too? Did it burn him to know his wife tended to Revui's every physical need in that time? He liked the feeling that aroused inside himself).

No. He answered. All that he'd wanted was here, on the mountain he was forbidden to set foot upon. He couldn't say that either, especially when he felt Kukutux' eyes upon him, burning. He swallows it all and locks it deep where it should stay. Another thought comes to him then, warm like the fever, and this one grabs for his tongue - scalds as it's voiced: You should have left me where you found me.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
ilannak ⊕ - by Kukutux - October 27, 2020, 03:59 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Revui (Ghost) - October 27, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Kukutux - October 27, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Revui (Ghost) - October 27, 2020, 04:24 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Kukutux - October 27, 2020, 05:09 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Revui (Ghost) - October 27, 2020, 05:46 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Kukutux - October 29, 2020, 02:11 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Revui (Ghost) - November 02, 2020, 11:51 AM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Kukutux - November 02, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: ilannak ⊕ - by Revui (Ghost) - November 02, 2020, 04:46 PM