Nova Peak It's like an apple of temptation
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She felt a little guilty for possibly souring someone to Stigmata now that he was dead. There were many things about him that were good, too, it was just before his end, there had been so many issues, and now they would never be resolved; it was hard to move on from all that resentment, no matter how much time passed. As usual, Taikon proved to be a good listener, voicing his agreement when she stated that she and Stigmata had fought over his choice to be with someone else in addition to her. And when it was clear that she was having difficulty talking about him, her friend directed the conversation to her daughter instead. 

No it doesn't, not when applied properly, she agreed. But Simmik is young still—very impulsive and strong-willed; she always has been. She shook her head, although it was clear she wasn't too annoyed by it. She left of her own volition when she was six months old. She was struggling with her father's death, as we all were, and instead of reaching out, she ran away. This was not something she was proud of, in fact, she was still quite furious with her daughter over it even if she had tried to conceal her anger when they had finally been reunited. She ended up finding a pack and making a life for herself, and I'm grateful she did, but her decision was so reckless; it could have ended so many other ways, and I don't think she realizes how lucky she is that she found someone good who took her in. Worry filled her expression. I didn't hear from her for a long time; I had no idea what had become of her, and I know she feels guilty for that, but it doesn't erase how difficult it was for her family after she left. Yet another tough conversation she wasn't all that fond of discussing. She found us again just before we left Sawtooth Spire, and she was all grown and serious, but I know her, and I just worry. She worried about all her children all the time; it was the mother's curse. 

She silently searched his face for a few moments. I don't usually talk about these things, she finally said. It's easier not to, but it is nice to have someone to listen. So, thank you.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
It's like an apple of temptation - by Takiyok - November 10, 2020, 10:31 PM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Taikon - November 11, 2020, 12:05 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Takiyok - November 11, 2020, 12:30 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Taikon - November 11, 2020, 12:59 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Takiyok - November 11, 2020, 01:26 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Taikon - November 11, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Takiyok - November 11, 2020, 02:33 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Taikon - November 11, 2020, 02:49 AM
RE: It's like an apple of temptation - by Takiyok - November 11, 2020, 03:07 AM