Broken Antler Fen I want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,540 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Gonna say Maia's found out at this point, just for timeline sake <3 since I intend to have Bridget give a call, and Maia's den is close by

She'd cried herself to sleep by the time Ibis came. She woke up with a headache and immediately felt horrible, but at first she didn't remember why. Then she did, and the same despair submerged her that had before. This time it was colder, and a little less angry, but it hurt the same way. She wondered what would happen if she just stayed where she was until Ibis went away. She didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

She couldn't do this. She couldn't...

Maia gritted her teeth and tensed, then pushed herself heavily to her feet, no doubt disturbing both of the children who slept against her. She bent down to touch them each gently, pausing while she did, trying to collect herself, but knowing she still looked awful. If Ibis said anything, she didn't know how she was going to keep it together. She didn't want to hear it.

But she still stepped outside, wincing in the light, and looked around. As soon as she saw Ibis she caught her with a look that was a mixture of apprehension and exhausted grief. She dreaded what her niece was here for way too much to open with any conversation yet.
Messages In This Thread