Duskfire Glacier those of you who are last will soon be first
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane nodded along, agreeing wholeheartedly with Wintersbane's assessment. Yes, religion provided the perfect scapegoat when wolves wished to act outside of reason or law. She couldn't have thought of a better word for it herself. 

"It does," Lane replied, possessing considerably more peace of mind in light of his reassurance. "The religion thing was actually a big reason that I didn't stay with Moonglow," she revealed. "..Or Ivory Rose, down in Blackfeather Woods." Lane had been offered a home several times over, in several different places, but she could never feel quite safe in a territory that was subject to the capricious nature of the gods, or the spirits, or any other such nonsense. 

That reminded her!

"Oh! I also ran into Mahler, from Rivenwood. He's great. I can see why Iana goes to see him." Lane was bubbly today, wasn't she? She was starting to get borderline-gossipy though, so she'd probably better change the subject...

"Anyway, I was hoping I might be able to go around again sometime. Like, officially, as.. as a pack scout. Once the pups are weaned, of course." Lane had always been a traveler, but never before had she claimed "scout" as an official trade. Duskfire Glacier seemed to be more in need of scouts than caregivers though, at least for the time being, so she didn't see the harm in developing another trade. As long as Wintersbane agreed.
Messages In This Thread
RE: those of you who are last will soon be first - by Lane - July 06, 2021, 02:57 PM