Duskfire Glacier I just love a good mystery, don't you?
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane listened in bemusement as the little redhead began to set her straight. My, my, Askari had quite the opinion of her already, didn't she? Lane endured the dressing-down with patience, plastering on the eager expression that she used most often with her own children, when they were droning on and on about some thing or another. 

Speaking of which, here was Veteran! The boy was all hackles and growls, nevertheless looking far more adorable than threatening. His mother nuzzled into him with a laugh. "You probably think my son makes a better alpha than me, hmm?" She questioned Askari, still chuckling at the irony. 

Now, to answer the pixie's question. 

"Are we close? I would say so. I'm a founding member and a mother to children that carry the Duskfire surname." Lane swiped her tongue over her boy's head proudly. "I care for my packmates when they are sick or wounded, nursing them back to health. They chose me to lead them because of our closeness." Lane inhaled deeply, then sighed out the breath. "You may find my co-alpha more to your liking. Issorartuyok Tatkret is a newer addition to the pack, but he makes up for what I lack in.. traditional leadership qualities." Lane suppressed a smirk. "We like to think that we balance each other out as co-leaders." 

"But tell me," Lane urged, "Why can't there be some middle ground in between threatening and weak? You make it sound like I have to pick one or the other. What if you had been from an allied pack, carrying a message? What if you intended to bring a warning of some impending disaster? What if you were a talented loner, looking to join my pack? What if you were any of these things, and I had chosen to run you off instead of welcome you to my border? Would that make me a stronger leader, to have chased away a potential asset?" 

Lane's tail swished definitively, perhaps betraying a hint of her inner agitation. She spoke these words not only for Askari's benefit, but for Veteran's as well. He was just a guilty as Askari of lecturing her, particularly after long days spent on his guardian training with Issorartuyok. Lane would soon learn that when you were a leader, everyone was a critic.
Messages In This Thread
I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 07, 2021, 12:02 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 07, 2021, 11:41 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 08, 2021, 02:32 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 08, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 08, 2021, 04:28 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 08, 2021, 09:09 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 08, 2021, 09:51 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 09, 2021, 10:50 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 09, 2021, 11:15 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 09, 2021, 11:47 AM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 09, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 09, 2021, 01:38 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 09, 2021, 01:52 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 09, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 09, 2021, 06:06 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Askari - November 09, 2021, 08:31 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Veteran - November 13, 2021, 04:10 PM
RE: I just love a good mystery, don't you? - by Lane - November 13, 2021, 04:35 PM