Duskfire Glacier Nukadlik
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
As their packmates dispersed, the full weight of the position she had just assumed settled upon her shoulders. With every packmate's departure, she felt a little more of her energy drain. What had she gotten herself into? Hadn't she just been talking with Kigipigik about leaving Duskfire Glacier? She felt like a walking contradiction. A secret hypocrite. Fuck, was she tired. 

Eventually only Lane, Tatkret, and @Tzila remained. Tzila had also asked to speak with @Meerkat, but the coach had not yet returned from her attempt to chase down Makatza. 

In an attempt to dispel the silence, Lane spoke. 

"While we're waiting for Meerkat... I just wanted to say, I don't think Makatza was entirely misguided in what she said. She's a smart girl." Tzila had been kind to voice aloud her conviction that leadership was not passed through blood, but Lane wasn't so sure. This was Duskfire Glacier. Shouldn't it be led by a Duskfire? If not Wintersbane or Tzila, then one of their children? 

"I was just thinking. Once the pups reach nine months of age, I'd like to take one of them as my beta." She hurried to add, "That is, if Wintersbane isn't ready to resume leadership himself." With a pause, she added one more thing. "And I'd like Wintersbane to be the one to choose which pup becomes beta. If he can't lead himself, he should be able to select his heir." Lane looked between Tatkret and Tzila, wondering if they would think she was talking crazy. She was so exhausted she could hardly think straight. 

Lane's gaze flicked to the treeline, wondering when Meerkat would reemerge. Speaking of betas, Meerkat would probably make a good one to Tatkret. They seemed close, and Meerkat was also a natural leader. She would be great in that role, assuming her loyalties lay more with Duskfire Glacier than they did with her birthpack. Lane still didn't have a great sense of how long Meerkat intended to stay.
Messages In This Thread
Nukadlik - by Issorartuyok - November 09, 2021, 03:29 PM
RE: Nukadlik - by Lane - November 13, 2021, 05:58 PM
RE: Nukadlik - by RIP Tzila - November 16, 2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Nukadlik - by Issorartuyok - November 19, 2021, 06:13 PM
RE: Nukadlik - by Lane - November 20, 2021, 12:17 PM