Duskfire Glacier Katimak
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane assisted Issorartuyok in unearthing the cache, which was impressively stocked given that Issorartuyok had been absent for so long, and it would have to have been packed before the Moonglow hunters arrived to assist in the takedown of large prey. Lane was reminded of how lucky Duskfire Glacier was to have Issorartuyok in its ranks.

"Thanks," Lane murmured before tucking into he meal. She listened as Issorartuyok detailed his concerns, which closely resembled her own. It sounded like he had already sought Kukutux's opinion, which was good. She offered the knowledge of many generations of northerners, and she was wise in her own right. 

"I've spoken with Arius. It was pretty clear that he sees you and I as little more than placeholders for himself and his siblings. He called himself the heir." She took another bite, chewing on that thought (literally) for another moment before she continued speaking. She was still troubled that the boy had defaulted to that title for himself. 

"Truthfully, that's how I thought of myself too, when I stepped up originally: I was a placeholder for Wintersbane. I think I've changed my mind on that, though. I don't want another Wintersbane to lead this pack. I.. think we can do better." Lane took another bite, eyes trained on the meat. She knew the words she had just spoken would border on blasphemy in the eyes of Arius and Ensio, who would no doubt believe that their father could do no wrong. 

"I agree with you, we are all one. This is not a place for the Duskfire legacy alone. It's also a place for the Tatkret legacy. Your siblings showing up have convinced me of that." Lane's mouth pulled into a half-smile as she thought of Tuuluuwaq. "I think it's important to remain family-focused, but only focusing on one family is thinking too small."  All of their members should feel equally celebrated, and every one of their packmates deserved a chance to establish their name and build their line. 

And they would only be led by their best, regardless of surname.

"Arius asked me to mentor him, and I agreed. And I've asked Tuuluuwaq to reach out to Ensio." Lane fell quiet, mostly because she had just taken a huge bite and needed to chew, and not because she had actually run out of things to say. A lot had happened in Issorartuyok's absence, and she had done a lot of thinking. She desperately needed to get some thoughts off her chest.
Messages In This Thread
Katimak - by Issorartuyok - December 02, 2021, 02:30 PM
RE: Katimak - by Lane - December 02, 2021, 08:00 PM
RE: Katimak - by Issorartuyok - December 02, 2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Katimak - by Lane - December 03, 2021, 02:59 PM
RE: Katimak - by Issorartuyok - December 03, 2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Katimak - by Lane - December 03, 2021, 07:16 PM
RE: Katimak - by Issorartuyok - December 06, 2021, 03:03 PM
RE: Katimak - by Lane - December 06, 2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Katimak - by Issorartuyok - December 07, 2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Katimak - by Lane - December 07, 2021, 07:19 PM
RE: Katimak - by Issorartuyok - December 08, 2021, 01:51 PM