Duskfire Glacier powder your nose, paint your toes
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Of course, at the first mention of the scouting party Calida was ready to hop on board. Once a ranger, always a ranger-- Lane knew this much from her own experience. 

Lane lifted a brow, appearing slightly bemused as she considered Calida's request. "It's not the best idea, medically speaking. But I won't stop you if you're dead set on going." Some small part of Lane hoped that if Calida had a hand in selecting the pack's next location, then she might choose to remain with them after the spring thaw. 

Lane's pulse quickened at the mention of @Tuuluuwaq, and her chest squeezed as a rumble of something ugly and possessive took hold of her emotions. She did not like the idea of Tuuluuwaq off on a lark with another woman, especially right on the brink of mating season. Lane had lost her heart's desire to another woman last season, and she'd be damned if she would allow it to happen again. 

"I need Tuuluuwaq here," Lane said softly, offering what she hoped was a convincing expression of regret. "With Issorartuyok and his young fighters off scouting, our borders are vulnerable." It wasn't not the truth, Lane told herself. She couldn't let all of her guardians go wandering off. 

"Let me call out to my son, Veteran," Lane offered, "He would be delighted to come get you and show you to the group. He's also turning into a crackerjack little botanist-- He'll be able to scrounge up some feverfew for you, if you need any on the road."  

Maybe if they were off adventuring in the mountains, chasing after a gaggle of children, Issorartuyok's and Calida's eyes would turn to one another. @Issorartuyok was in need of a wife, and from what Lane had gathered things weren't going too well with Meerkat on that front. It couldn't hurt to toss Issorartuyok and Calida together and see what came of it... right? 

If only Kukutux could see Lane now, spinning her own web not unlike the one woven by the master matchmaker.
Messages In This Thread
powder your nose, paint your toes - by Lane - December 28, 2021, 05:47 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Calida - December 28, 2021, 07:54 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Lane - December 28, 2021, 08:31 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Calida - December 29, 2021, 06:26 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Lane - December 29, 2021, 07:15 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Calida - December 31, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Lane - December 31, 2021, 12:37 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Calida - January 03, 2022, 03:48 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Lane - January 05, 2022, 03:57 PM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Calida - January 11, 2022, 09:37 AM
RE: powder your nose, paint your toes - by Lane - January 16, 2022, 03:14 PM