Duskfire Glacier the ladder
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Heda pressed her sister for details, which Lane probably would not have recommended. Druid still looked really weak. But given that this was her family on the line, Lane could understand why Heda was desperate. 

Druid described two wolves who could honestly have been anyone. There were more, which meant they were likely from a pack. They sought one woman in particular, although they obviously didn't care overmuch who they harmed in the process of finding this "Laurel." It wasn't much to go on. It was likely that one of the adults at Rivenwood would know more, but Lane asn't sure Druid was looking well enough for her to leave. Heda had shot her that look of distress when she'd mentioned it before. 

Druid announced that she was going to vomit, which gave Lane just enough time to clear the danger zone. Unfortunately, she did not have time to save her poor moss balls. 

Lane swept dirt over the mess quickly. She could hear a voice speaking outside the already-crowded den and sighed inwardly. Now that people had overheard the conversation, the rumors would start flying. 

Lane fetched a dock leaf and settled it beside Druid, so she would have a convenient recepticle if she again felt the need to empty her stomach. "A bit of food might settle her stomach," Lane suggested to Heda, "Something very fresh and mild-- fowl, if we have it." 

Lane turned to Druid, who just looked pitiful. Her mothering instinct kicked in hard, and she placed some comforting licks on Druid's cheeks, cleaning the remains of the mess off her face. "Get some rest, Druid. I.. I've changed my mind. I'm not going anywhere. You need me here. I'll send a scouting party to Rivenwood for news." Lane looked to Heda, hoping this would bring the anxious sister some comfort too. She nodded conclusively at Heda, indicating that now was a good time for her to dismiss herself if she wanted to go rustle up that food for Druid.

"I'll be right back," Lane promised Druid. She needed to take care of the eavesdroppers outside the den. She grabbed one of her emergency medkits and exited the medicine den.  

She found @Ensio and @Tuuluuwaq when she emerged. Both would receive rather tight smiles. "Druid is recovering, but slowly. Her pack was attacked-- Rivenwood, our allies. Druid did not recognize the wolves responsible. I would like you both to go check things out." It might still be dangerous, and Lane's protective instincts surged against this decision. She forged onward before she could change her mind. "Take @Kigipigak, if he wants to go. He is widely traveled and may recognize the scents of the raiders. Take Keyni too, and give her this medkit." Keyni knew a bit about medicine, Lane thought. 

Lane's eyes found Tuuluuwaq's chocolate gaze, silently pleading with him to be safe. Never had she imagined that she would be making decisions like this when she volunteered for leadership. It tore her heart in half, choosing between offering aid to an ally or keeping her wolves safe from harm.
Messages In This Thread
the ladder - by Druid - January 15, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: the ladder - by Heda - January 15, 2022, 05:17 PM
RE: the ladder - by Druid - January 15, 2022, 07:05 PM
RE: the ladder - by Heda - January 15, 2022, 07:34 PM
RE: the ladder - by Druid - January 15, 2022, 10:25 PM
RE: the ladder - by Lane - January 16, 2022, 08:59 AM
RE: the ladder - by Tuuluuwaq - January 16, 2022, 03:31 PM
RE: the ladder - by Heda - January 16, 2022, 03:48 PM
RE: the ladder - by Druid - January 16, 2022, 04:10 PM
RE: the ladder - by Ensio - January 16, 2022, 09:14 PM
RE: the ladder - by Lane - January 17, 2022, 10:40 AM