Noctisardor Bypass I'll keep a light on in my soul
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Tuuluuwaq agreed with Lane that something was off. "It's just weird and shady," Lane continued, "..that Mahler and Wylla would up and leave, and then Druid would warn us away like that. I definitely think there's a missing piece--" 

The newcomer's voice cut in, and the pair halted. The woman asked about the children, and Lane wilted a bit. That was a hard question, and she didn't immediately know what to say. On one paw, Duskfire Glacier and Rivenwood were allied... but on the other paw, neither Duskfire Glacier nor Rivenwood existed anymore. The friendship shared by Wintersbane and Mahler was no more. Did Atautsikut really owe it to these strangers to risk their necks for them? 

Tuuluuwaq stepped in, thankfully. He provided a long explanation of their identities, which Lane hoped was a ploy to derail the woman's train of thought. He leaned hard on the "we're leaving, we're so far away" stuff, which Lane appreciated. It would make it easier to equivocate if the woman asked them directly for their help. 

Then Tuuluuwaq took it a smidge too far, revealing Druid's warning to them. Lane's heart leapt into her throat. She was very smitten with Tuuluuwaq, but God bless him, sometimes he could be such a Tatkret. In her experience, the Tatkrets were honest and straightforward to a fault, sometimes missing the subtleties of certain situations. 

Lane didn't want Tuuluuwaq's honesty to make trouble for Druid, who was only trying to help them. Lane stepped forward, clearing her throat abruptly end Tuuluuwaq's turn speaking. 

"The girl was just a wandering loner," Lane lied quickly, trying to cover for Druid. "We asked about Rivenwood-- what happened, where you had gone-- but she didn't know anything. She took off and advised us to do the same." Lane shrugged, hoping that was enough for the woman to dismiss the mention of "the girl." 

"I'm a medic, and while we were in the neighborhood I wanted to see if Mahler needed any help with patching you all up. But when we didn't catch his scent-- or any scent-- back at the bypass, we were confused..." Lane trailed off, looking to the woman questioningly. How would she explain Mahler's absence?
Messages In This Thread
I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 04:12 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 05:02 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 06:35 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 07:07 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 08:00 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 08:50 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 09:48 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - February 23, 2022, 01:56 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 23, 2022, 05:45 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 23, 2022, 06:42 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - February 24, 2022, 09:53 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 24, 2022, 04:26 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 25, 2022, 09:09 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - March 01, 2022, 05:14 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - March 01, 2022, 03:39 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - March 11, 2022, 04:06 PM