Panther Park I've got this sentimental heart that beats
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
It was the question that everyone was asking, so Lane shouldn't have been surprised when Tuulu asked too. 

Lane swallowed thickly. Each time she was asked, she wasn't sure how to answer. The question felt especially loaded this time, because it was Tuulu doing the asking. 

"I don't know." Lane finally squeaked out. She searched his face, seeking comfort. Reassurance. Some sign that he wasn't disappointed in her. 

She felt like she needed to explain, and she searched for the words. "I wouldn't trade Veteran and Wayfarer for anything, but last season.. I wasn't trying to be a mother. ..I made a mistake. That mistake sort of.. clouded the whole experience. I don't feel like I've been a great mom to them, and I promise you that Wayfarer would agree with that." Lane huffed a wry laugh. 

"I don't really know how I would feel about it if things were different. Like, if I had a mate, or... or something like that." Ah, there it was, the subject they continued to dance around. Lane's gaze drifted off.
Messages In This Thread
I've got this sentimental heart that beats - by Tuuluuwaq - February 23, 2022, 06:12 PM
RE: I've got this sentimental heart that beats - by Lane - March 11, 2022, 03:46 PM