Redhawk Caldera I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,545 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia felt guilty, knowing that she'd hoped Teya might have this, but now seeing how deeply she didn't want and regretted it. There had been a time when she hadn't wanted it either, but her dislike had always been based more on fear of responsibility than anything else. Why was she so upset?

Maia knew if she asked that outright, it would sound horrible. And Teya probably didn't even know, right? Not really. It wasn't like Maia could ever tell why she was upset about things at the time. Usually she just figured it out weeks after and kicked herself for overreacting. Not that Teya was, yknow.... geeze, she needed to watch what what she said here.

I don't know much about that kind of thing, but I wonder if there's a way to help with that? Yknow, for next year. I can ask, if you don't want to? I can tell him it's just for a friend. She didn't know if it was weird, offering to ask her mate something so personal, and wanted to make sure Teya knew she didn't have to go into specifics.

Then she paused, trying to find the right words. Her instincts were to congratulate, to show her how amazing motherhood was going to be and how rewarding it all was. But she didn't know if that was what she wanted to hear right now.

I was terrified, last year, when it was my first time. It isn't the same, I know, but there were definitely times when I wondered if we made a mistake. I never told Eljay that. She smiled, a little ruefully. The times had never lasted long, and were more hormones than anything, but it hadn't been any easier to deal with. I thought I'd be a horrible mom, that I'd screw everything up and Eljay would see that and hate me and everything would be ruined. Normal stuff like that. But even with everything awful that happened last year, as soon as I had them, I knew they were all that mattered. And that they were definitely worth it.

I don't know if you'll feel the same, but no matter what happens, Eljay and I are here for you. One hundred percent. And we'll help with anything you need. She lifted her gaze to meet Teya's, serious despite the understanding in her voice. She really did get it. This was hard, one of the hardest things. Teya's life would probably never be the same. But that didn't mean it wouldn't change for the better.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most - by Maia - April 04, 2022, 11:48 AM