Sun Mote Copse my car goes pshhh pshhh
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
omg, would never have remembered that they'd met before. xD

"Yeah, she a good friend. A great scout, too.." The fact that Caracal knew Meerkat's name did not surprise Lane as much as it should have. Somehow, the two of them seemed connected in her brain-- it was probably why she'd brought up Meerkat in the first place. Lane racked her memory. 

Caracal beat her to the punch.

"Oh!" Recognition dawned, and Lane laughed merrily. Right! Meerkat's brother! He looked very different to her now, all grown up and away from his sister's side. 

"Sure is!" Lane agreed with his small world comment. "I knew there was something about you." she shook her head, laughing again. Antha had probably thought little of Lane, accepting the boy into their ranks without asking him a single question. At the time, Lane wasn't able to explain it, but her gut had told her that Caracal was one of them. 

"Have you visited Meerkat since she went to live by the coast? She mentioned a boyfriend, and I've been wondering how that turned out." Obviously Lane's memory was something less than a steel trap, but she wouldn't forget something like that. Running off with a lover to live by the sea was just about the most romantic thing she'd ever heard of, and she liked to think that Meerkat was living out her days in some kind of never-ending honeymoon.
Messages In This Thread
my car goes pshhh pshhh - by Caracal - April 04, 2022, 01:01 PM
RE: my car goes pshhh pshhh - by Lane - April 05, 2022, 05:00 PM
RE: my car goes pshhh pshhh - by Caracal - April 05, 2022, 06:00 PM
RE: my car goes pshhh pshhh - by Lane - April 06, 2022, 09:55 AM
RE: my car goes pshhh pshhh - by Caracal - April 06, 2022, 10:09 AM