Lion Head Mesa I can make your life a livin' hell
Bearclaw Valley
Claw
386 Posts
Ooc — Decay
Guardian
He knew his title. Good. This would give Khaba some sense of ease.

Not only that, but the new mazoi had familiarized himself with many places. Even better! This meant less work for the jodai to tend.

There was a glint of approval in the beast's eyes going forward. I take it, then, that you have explored the mesa and its borders?

Whether the mazoi answered or not, the dark furred jodai moved on.

Aside from you and myself, there is another similar in station. Jakoul, is her name. She has recently been titled yaret — an elite warrior, by definition of Akashingo. Often, she will roam the borders and occasionally the palace, but it is rare you will run into one another. Serve long enough as mazoi and prove your capabilities, and the pharaoh or even shabti may grant you the title she holds as well.

But higher standings did not matter. They were all guardians, soldiers, and spies alike. 

Though you have settled yourself distanced from the palace, you will still attend patrols and training sessions with me. Unless the pharaoh, shabti, or sōzokujin have you busy elsewhere, I expect your attendance when I send for you.

He could have added a "Is that clear?". But even for him, doing so seemed far too brazen. The speech would be left as it was, in hopes that Bayek would agree to the few terms.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Messages In This Thread
I can make your life a livin' hell - by Annorak - December 13, 2022, 01:51 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Bayek - December 13, 2022, 03:02 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Annorak - December 13, 2022, 03:17 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Bayek - December 13, 2022, 03:52 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Annorak - December 14, 2022, 11:20 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Bayek - December 21, 2022, 07:56 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Annorak - December 29, 2022, 11:39 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Bayek - January 15, 2023, 01:41 AM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Annorak - January 15, 2023, 03:28 PM
RE: I can make your life a livin' hell - by Bayek - January 15, 2023, 03:31 PM