Greatwater Lake And since birth I’ve been cursed with this curse to just curse
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She retreated a few steps, the gap between them widening by another yard. Her tail remained low, everything about her demeanor silently apologetic. Atreus stared hard as she mouthed at him. It looked a bit like she was talking without making a sound, though he only really recognized one word: “sorry.”

It’s okay… he said slowly, a bit nonplussed by her soundless speech. You can’t talk? Atreus probed. Like, out loud?

Her noiseless mouthing confirmed as much. Atreus decided to attempt a conversation, though it quickly became apparent that he couldn’t lipread to save his own life. As soon as he could get away without being a complete jerk, he dipped.

Atreus retraced his steps, roaming along the edge of the lake. He moved quickly at first, then glanced over his shoulder to make sure he could no longer see the mute she-wolf. Then he slowed his gait and relaxed a little, taking his time to explore the vast shore.

He couldn’t help but wonder which was larger: the canyon or this lake? It felt like it took him ages just to set foot back in Panther Park. He glanced back one last time before he began his climb. Was the lake itself a canyon, just full of water?

This question would preoccupy him for the rest of the day.

Feb 1: Looks like she went inactive, so I’m editing in a conclusion! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: And since birth I’ve been cursed with this curse to just curse - by Atreus - January 17, 2023, 07:10 PM