Redsand Canyon Friends all around
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
Tags for Reference, but any can join she has to pass on a message.

Amalia had left the male @Phox at the borders and she was on her way to the borders of the red canyon. As she came upon the territory line, she stopped at the line and backed up five more steps just to be safe. She didn't wish to cause an interpack issue.

She stared at the high red rock and frowned. It still looked as uninviting as it had the first day she had been here, but all that mattered was that @Atreus, or more so Icarus liked it.

She lifted her muzzle to the sky to seek out a long lone call to the leaders of Mereo or her little friend. @Fennec and @Germanicus. She had promised she'd give a message and so she would.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus had passed through several emotions since his talk with arsenio.

what settled now was a yawning void.

he met the dark woman on the border with a flat eye. "what word do you bring?" he asked, hardly a greeting but on his greatest day germanicus was a cool man.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia's ears went to her head and she shrunk down a little at the cold greeting she received. If she had known such a thing would happen she'd have not bothered to offer to bring such news.

I'm Amalia from Brechliant, but when I came to visit your youngling Icarus. I was stopped near a place called Epoch? I was to deliver a message for Phox Redhawk. He bade me say he had made it and there he would stay. I'm sorry if i took you from something important.

She then stood awkwardly there unsure what to say or what to do. Her head bowed.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the mention of epoch did nothing to soothe his ire but germanicus reined himself.

"you did not, lady amalia. there have been several changes upon which i am focused. i am the imperator here. thank you for your message. it is good phox is with family."

if icarus had heard he would soon be along. "i know brecheliant. it once stood aside redhawk caldera."
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia frowned. Changes suck sometimes. That was all she said. She had her own fair share of angst and turmoil lately. And it had all been just a terrible time had by all.

She nodded and gave him a brilliant smile. I believe it is still there. WIth a lake atop it? Eljay and Maia and many others make their home there.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Atreus was alone today, as usual. He didn’t mind engaging with his comrades but the solitude suited him. As his eyes wandered further afield, he did think of his scarred mentor and figured they were due for an—what was the word they used?—excursion someday soon.

As much as he relished his independence, the moment he heard Amalia’s call, he hastened toward it. By the time he reached her, she was already deep in a discussion with Germanicus. He approached but did not speak until he was sure he would not be interrupting anyone.

Imperator, the young Signifer greeted his superior first before turning to his friend. Amalia, hey. It’s good to see you. What are you doing here?

Recalling their last rendezvous, he was tempted to move forward and brush his muzzle against her shoulder or something. He yearned for that casual, tactile intimacy. But his leader’s presence halted him and he remained cordial but aloof.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germ out!

"i hope to pay a visit in that direction," was all he had managed before icarus appeared.

"a visitor for you, soldier," the imperator said. he dipped his head to the dark lady. "i will see you this evening, signifer," he added, meaning to hint that the boy could have the day to his own devices.

germanicus was gone thereafter.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Icarus was soon upon them and Amalia gave him a bark of a greeting and wagged her tail happily.

Hello Icarus! she called out, her voice infused with warmth and contentment. The Imperator was set to leave and she lifted a black paw.

Oh Thank you and bye now, have a good day Imperator She waved at him with a smile. I look forward to seeing you in Brechliant.

Amalia focused back upon Icarus. I came to see you and to deliver a message for a wolf named Phox.

After the Imperator would leave she'd reach forward to touch the boy if he'd allow her too. Make sure he knew how pleased she was to see him.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Germanicus excused himself perfunctorily. Amalia offered a warm farewell before turning her attention back to Atreus, informing him of her purpose here.

He hesitated, face slowly contorting, then asked, …who?

But before she could reply, he glanced off in the direction the Imperator had gone, then faced forward again. He visibly hesitated, then moved forward to touch Amalia’s cheek with his nose. His own cheeks burned.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
The way his face changed, made her smile. He clearly had no idea who she was talking about. However, before she could even answer him. He ghosted forward to touch her gently. She nudged him back, with a small smile.

It's so good to see you! She crowed, happily. Moving around.

Then she nodded. His name was Phox Redhawk? He used tolive here. He has a sister. I think her said her name was Towhee, and he knows the wolves that I live with now. He's going to return with me to the pack to visit.

Her tail wagged as she looked him over. How are you faring? Are you eating well? Resting when you need too?
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Her exuberant reaction made him feel even hotter under the collar. He backed away, feeling a confusing blend of happy and mortified. Atreus was just glad she kept talking because he was pretty sure he would be tongue-tied at the moment.

I don’t know any of those names, he admitted when he’d collected himself enough to speak. But I’m doing fine. I’m still working on scouting and stuff.

Atreus tried to think of anything interesting to tell her but, honestly, his life was pretty unremarkable. And he was okay with that. He felt comfortable in Mereo’s routines.

How about you? You seem really, like, happy, Atreus noted.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
It was not her intention to embarrass him. She was just happy, had been since her move from Moonglow to Brechliant. Sure she missed them, but a new start was what she needed.

I don't really know them either. I just met him today and I've never met his sister. She weaved her tail. What have you scouted? Have you gone to pretty places? Met good wolves?

I am. There for a while I wasn't happy where I was. So i made some changes in my life and it has brought me back to how I used to be. Sometimes all you need is a new start.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Only when she brought up a fresh start did he suddenly remember he’d wanted her to consider joining Mereo. He realized with a slight pang that she must’ve chosen elsewhere. He didn’t take it personally, especially considering he’d done the same to her, yet he felt a twinge of disappointment all the same.

So you moved to a different pack? Atreus prompted, much more eager to hear what she had to say than tell her about his rather mundane life.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She moved closer to him and settled to her haunches. She had thought about Mereo long and hard, but it wasn't for her.

I did. And i thought about your pack here for quite some time. But the only thing I liked about this pack was that you were here. It seemed to rigid for me. I am not one for routine.

Her tail weaved behind her, stirring up dust. As she absentminded moved it. I moved to a pack called Brechliant. It's run by a wolf named Maia. There's a big lake in it and a forest. It's really quite pretty.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Oh, that’s okay, Atreus reassured. It’s not for everyone. But thanks for at least thinking about it.

She described her new pack, though not in any great detail. The terrain sounded quite a bit different than the canyon. He had been born on a rise and actively selected a territory as unlike it as possible. But he thought of Greatwater Lake and had to admit it might be nice to live close to something like that.

Is it very far from here? You’ve visited me twice now. Maybe I can return the favor sometime. I’d probably bring Al with me, if that’s okay. She’s one of my pack mates.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
You're welcome.

Brecheliant is hard to describe. There's just so much there to share and show. She thought of the hills and the forest and the lake. The rivers that ran from it. The little dens and the hillocks further. Yes it was beautiful.

About two or three days. I would love it if you came and visited me and to meet your friend. Amalia smiled at the thought of him visiting her this time.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Amalia welcomed his suggestion. Of course she did. Atreus knew quite a few wolves and considered everyone in Mereo his comrade. But Amalia was his one and only friend, he thought.

Remember that time you drew me a map? Do you think you could do that again, show me the way from here to Brecheliant? Atreus asked, enunciating the name of her pack very slowly to make sure he didn’t fuck it up.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia adored the youth in front of her. He was one of her favorite wolves. It showed in her actions and the way she spoke with him. As well as the protective streak she held fast too for him.

Yes I do and I can. She looked around and found a nearby stick. Then using memory and the stick she was able to draw a crude map. It was very similar to Moonglow, just a little lower altitude.

Then just for funsies she drew a map of the territory itself to show him what it looked like, since she was having difficulty explaining it.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Atreus watched in silence as Amalia drew crude pictures in the soft dirt and sand mixture underfoot. It looked as though the caldera was due southwest of the canyon. Once he hit the foothills, he would just need to travel through some woods, then across a field.

Pointing out the shape he took to be a lake directly west of Mereo’s dot, he said, I just tracked a deer there recently. I ran into another wolf there. She was interesting.

But there wasn’t much to tell, mostly because that thread was still incomplete, so Atreus focused his attention on her second drawing. It was Brecheliant’s territory. There was another lake right in the center, just like she’d mentioned. Since there was no elevation in this two-dimensional image, he pictured it as a flat land.

Cool, he said summarily after studying the images for long moments. Thanks. I think I’ve got it memorized.

Since she’d accomplished everything she’d come here to do, Atreus wondered if Amalia needed to leave soon. He didn’t want her to go just yet. But he also wasn’t very adept at small talk, though he decided to try. Anyway, he was genuinely curious.

What are your new pack mates like?
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia worked tirelessly to draw the pictures in the dirt. When it was all done and she smoothed it all out with her paw. A picture of concentration her tongue even sticking out between fangs.

Sounds like you're getting some good skills while living here. I've only hunted a deer once or twice myself.

Oh wonderful. I can't wait until you come and see everything. Her tail wagged.

She smiled. Well i've only met two of them. Maia and Eljay. Maia is a story teller and a historian. And my dear friend. She's so very sweet. Eljay is her mate. He seems very fatherly, likes to talk of different things. We have a healer with three legs. And a few others that I know by scent, not sight.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She told him about a couple named Maia and Eljay. Maybe it was the word “historian” that made him picture them as elderly. Amalia didn’t mention a name when she spoke of a healer with only three legs, which intrigued him.

What happened to her fourth leg? he asked.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia shook her head. I don't know. I haven't asked. She seems to get along just fine though. I've seen ehr time to time in the pack. But i've not talked to her. She smells like herbs though.

Amalia shifted and raised a paw moving it through the air as she spoke. Her face alight with the thing she wished to share.

Have you made good acquaintances here?
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Amalia couldn’t say. Atreus’s lips pursed thoughtfully. It made him think of Fennec. Being blind was quite different from missing a leg, though the Imperatrix hadn’t let her disability hold her back either. He supposed it was an admirable quality, overcoming something like that, adapting.

I know everyone, I think, at least by sight and smell. But I’m not close to anyone. I don’t mind. I’m not really… Atreus wasn’t sure how to explain, so he didn’t bother. I get along with everyone except maybe Tierra. She doesn’t like me because I don’t talk a lot like she does.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
When it came to bodies being broken. Amalia didn't worry to much after them. She always simply assumed that the other wolf would adapt. Perhaps that was haughty of her. Rude even, but she was one that liked to think on the bright side of things.

Amalia fowned. Do i need to have a talking to with this Tierra? How could she not love you? You're wonderful. I'll tell her off if you'd like. Explain to her that she is absolutely wrong.

Imagine someone made at her Icarus because he didn't speak. It burned her up.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Her offer surprised a laugh out of him. Suddenly he remembered how fiercely protective she’d been when they’d first met. Amalia definitely had the heart of a guardian. She was a good friend to him.

Nah, Atreus replied, waving a paw. I’ve had a lot of practice being disliked. I don’t need anybody to like me, he told her. Although I’m glad you do. If you suddenly didn’t like me, I’d probably be pretty fucking bummed.