Redhawk Caldera From Bissau to Palau, in the shade of Avalon
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
It sounded like his experience wasn’t unusual. It actually made Atreus think of Mereo. Everyone there had been so busy being soldierly, they hadn’t really taken time to develop deep interpersonal relationships. At least, he hadn’t. It had worked for him at the time, though now that his life had taken on a much slower pace, he decided he wanted to pursue more meaningful connections.

Maybe we can get to know some of them together then, he said with a smile. I know Bridget, a little. I haven’t met anybody named Teya, Eljay or Bronco. And I haven’t met any little kids, he said with a shake of his head, not entirely sure he’d know what to do around the latter.

Thinking about striking up friendships made his mind wander to Inkeri for the first time in a long time. He wondered how she was doing. Atreus still didn’t think himself equipped to support someone like her appropriately, though he craved the bond they’d managed to briefly share. Having Amalia close by was wonderful but it would be nice to have more than one dear friend in his life…

Is there anyone here who’s close to my age? he asked.

Specifically, he wondered if there were any young women here. He thought of Toula and Makono, wilting a little on the inside. They’d both been great and he hoped they still thought well of him. But chances were they might be disappointed in him for not returning, if they ever even thought of him at all.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: From Bissau to Palau, in the shade of Avalon - by Atreus - May 15, 2023, 12:52 PM