Stavanger Bay What I know tomorrow, I'm learnin' today
Brecheliant
Family
819 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She could read his exhaustion plainly, and imagined the fear and tension had put out and light he might have carried. Bridget knew better than to blame Reverie, but it wasn’t necessarily his fault either. He was clearly a caretaker, and the things a wolf loved could remove the perspective that was needed to separate.

If permitted, she moved closer and settled in beside him, then began to tend to his coat in a similar soothing manner that she had Reverie’s.

We have a lot in common. It’s clear to me that you would give anything to help her. But if we sacrifice ourselves in the process, we are no good to anyone. You and Reverie both deserve better than that. She tried to deliver it gently, though she knew the words could be hard to hear.

That fear is natural and it isn’t something you should be ashamed of. But it’s okay to set it down sometimes, and to trust someone else to carry it for you. I promise that I’ll be here, and that I’m not going anywhere.

She’d had plans, but those were easy to set aside. This was her calling and as long as they needed her she would be here, working towards improving the situation for both.
Messages In This Thread
What I know tomorrow, I'm learnin' today - by Bridget - June 30, 2023, 09:41 AM
RE: What I know tomorrow, I'm learnin' today - by Bridget - July 08, 2023, 10:28 AM