Redhawk Caldera applesweet
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,545 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Like one of her kids. Maia hated how jealous that made her feel! It was an ugly feeling, one that she knew immediately was unfair and entirely selfish. She should be glad that Chickadee had such a warm welcome into his family, and a pack that took such good care of her. But clearly she’d flourished sharing all of these things with a new family, one with a mother who she could plan a marriage and a future with. It wasn’t right. She had absolutely no right to feel hurt by that.

She was going to be happy. You are way too old to be that petty, Maia. Knock it off.

I’m really glad! She said, shoving an enthusiasm forward that she didn’t feel. She’d continue to shove it until she did feel it. I don’t think there was a single moment when I knew. It was a lot of little moments, until one day, I just couldn’t live apart from him any longer. It had been more complicated than that, but the story wasn’t what was important. Chickadee wouldn’t have to feel torn between two homes; Maia would make certain of that.

As long as you’re sure, then it’s right. That’s all that matters, really. And she certainly seemed sure! Brecheliant would always be here for any of them if things went sideways, but Maia didn’t feel like that needed to be said. She wouldn’t tarnish the joy in her daughter’s eyes by casting any more doubt on it.
Messages In This Thread
applesweet - by Chickadee - November 28, 2023, 05:51 PM
RE: applesweet - by Maia - November 28, 2023, 08:13 PM
RE: applesweet - by Chickadee - December 05, 2023, 02:11 PM
RE: applesweet - by Maia - December 13, 2023, 01:23 AM
RE: applesweet - by Chickadee - December 26, 2023, 06:53 PM
RE: applesweet - by Maia - December 26, 2023, 10:56 PM
RE: applesweet - by Chickadee - January 06, 2024, 07:26 PM
RE: applesweet - by Maia - January 07, 2024, 01:04 PM
RE: applesweet - by Chickadee - January 22, 2024, 01:30 PM
RE: applesweet - by Maia - February 26, 2024, 12:22 AM
RE: applesweet - by Chickadee - March 02, 2024, 10:27 AM