Duck Lake cousin elk
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
549 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
It was a pretty picture to imagine. Dutch had thought often of Chakliux's wives, and what they must be like. He assumed that they were not seal hunter women, but were they as stalwart and boisterous as he? Raiyuk seemed more reserved, but Dutch believed that it must be due in part to the natural shyness of youth.

"Then we will have you home to them," the panther replied. "It is good that we seek to destroy this evil — but they are better served with your presence, if this cannot be easily done. But the packs we warn will not harbor him, and he will find no succor. He will die as the fates will him, either at their teeth or our, or the teeth of the winter — but regardless, he will die."

It had been said before, but Dutch thought this sentiment bore repeating. It would be hard on them both not to finish this task before returning home, but it would fall hardest on the seal hunter. The panther had been trying not to let him dwell on this too often or for too long at a time. He shifted the subject now, just a little, back to what he'd said before.

"I will return to Moontide with you, if you still offer your hospitality," he said. "I would like to meet your wives, and young Matteo. And then I must return to Moonsong to see that they are well. But after — I have no wives or children. I can go and search the hinterlands, and warn any I meet there."
Messages In This Thread
cousin elk - by Chakliux - December 29, 2023, 12:56 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Dutch - December 29, 2023, 03:10 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Chakliux - December 29, 2023, 03:40 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Dutch - December 30, 2023, 01:45 AM
RE: cousin elk - by Chakliux - December 30, 2023, 02:10 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Dutch - December 30, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Chakliux - January 02, 2024, 04:15 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Dutch - January 03, 2024, 08:02 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Chakliux - January 06, 2024, 05:11 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Dutch - January 06, 2024, 07:21 PM
RE: cousin elk - by Chakliux - January 14, 2024, 09:07 PM