Qeya River dance the ghost with me
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
411 Posts
Ooc — Twin
akavir's face remained stone solid, disdainful, and now a flicker of long-buried anger began to tear at her. he had the gall to snort at her.
the forlorn expression of the songbird turned to dust, and in its place came a frigid stare. i know you, i know that look. you can wipe it off your face right the fuck now.
what do you want me to say? huh? do you want me to, to grovel at your feet and beg you for forgiveness? now her voice raised a decibel, but she maintained relative composure, reaching up to wipe the tears from her eyes with the back of a wrist. or are you just mad because i married the woman i love?
have i ever fuckin' lied to you? really, have i? i don't need to justify myself, or anything to you. kvarsheim wanted my head, and you know that just as well as i do. so i left! i saved you the trouble. plain and simple. and now, she pauses, chewing on the inside of her lip; things have changed. i'm a leader, a wife, and a mother. i am happy for the first time in my goddamn life. and if you really ever actually gave a shit about me instead of seein' me as a set a' fuckin' tits to bury your face into when you were lonely, you'd be actually happy for me. and you sure as fuck wouldn't'a come to my home just to laugh in my face when i try and reconnect with you.
he goes on to describe the man who harmed mae, who harmed swiftcurrent. for a moment, the riverwolf actually listens before leveling her gaze and shifting her footing. thanks for the heads up, then. i'll keep an eye out.
hackles flared, wren moves to stand, to usher him out. he had no use here if he came only with condescension and ire. but then, she remembers, she realizes;
wait a minute, her eyes widen before narrowing again with suspicion. some part of her already knew the answer to her following question, and yet she did not want to admit it. you already knew we were married? who told you?
Messages In This Thread
dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 03, 2024, 03:18 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 03, 2024, 04:49 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 03, 2024, 05:23 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 03, 2024, 05:42 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 03, 2024, 06:23 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 03, 2024, 07:18 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Silvertongue - May 04, 2024, 02:47 AM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 06, 2024, 05:25 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Wren - May 06, 2024, 05:56 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Silvertongue - May 06, 2024, 06:07 PM
RE: dance the ghost with me - by Akavir - May 07, 2024, 06:09 AM