Moonsong Glacier the duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
553 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
He had come back to search for Ulloriaq, who had never quite left his mind even after her departure. He was not sure where they might stand now that he was married, and unlike with Sulukinak, he could not in good faith insist on trying to keep her close.

But he still cared for her. He still couldn't stand the thought of her returning and finding them all gone without a trace. Oh, she would surely find them if she sought out any of the moon wolves, but there would still be a moment where she found herself abandoned. Whatever the state of their connection, Dutch could not abide by that.

So he was here, placing scent markers to act as messages more than boundaries. Already his last ones had faded, and he was busy pushing back against the worry that she had already come and gone.

The breeze carried another scent to him. He looked up, and trotted up to the next rise.

"Rusalka," he called out, hurrying forward. He was only pleased at first, and then he saw the pelt and felt another sweep of misgiving. "I'm glad I caught you," he said, just a little breathless in the shadow of the handsome leader — surely from the jog over! "I don't come back here often, these days. I should have sent word when we moved."
Messages In This Thread
RE: the duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent - by Dutch - May 09, 2024, 07:02 AM