Larksong Grotto but i carved a map in the back of my arm
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
backdated a few days, maybe a few days after Laurel & Indra arrive? I wanted to start this thread earlier but wanted to wait for their Pupduction thread to conclude as to not make any assumptions.. Keeping this vague in light of that! Tagging @Laurel for visibility, AW <3

when they first arrived in the grotto, indra had been wildly recalcitrant -- far more so than she had ever been in her life. she was out of place and the frustration, which she had no tangible word for, caused her tongue to hotly tie with overwhelming futility. not even laurel could rescind the wave of helpless fury that indra felt, and so indra sought an outlet for her emotions in the dark recesses of her new cage.

after a few days of cool stone and swallowing darkness the child grew lonely, and the last vestige of her hot temper had waffled away like a wispy cloud ushered by stormwind. she poked her head from the den and looked with wonder out into the world, which was far more yellow and bright than she imagined. with all traces of sullen demeanor fled from her features the red child ambled slowly down a worn footpath, her eyes soaking in the splendor of the late summer afternoon.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
but i carved a map in the back of my arm - by Indra - August 07, 2016, 02:54 PM
RE: but i carved a map in the back of my arm - by Indra - August 07, 2016, 04:01 PM
RE: but i carved a map in the back of my arm - by Indra - August 07, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: but i carved a map in the back of my arm - by Indra - August 12, 2016, 07:43 PM