Greatwater Lake I spend my night dancing with my own shadow
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
She looked exactly how he felt: like the world had gone topsy-turvy. She wasn't avoiding his gaze though, which was surprising. The girl even took a step or two closer. Screech did not move an inch although he wanted to shift backwards and flash his teeth, keep her at a distance and keep this conversation a short and sweet as he could make it. But he just stood there like an idiot as she checked him over, his ears spinning forwards to catch her voice as she admitted to thinking the worst. Screech found that he couldn't blame her for that — faced with the bloody evidence in the manner that she was, he'd probably have assumed the same thing.

Was he forgiving her already? A childish part of him screamed no, because the feeling of betrayal and hurt still felt so fresh to him, and it kept his blood boiling and his skin warm within the coldness of the season. Maybe all of this trauma had affected him in ways Screech would never understand - because he wasn't angry with her for abandoning her quest. She'd done whatever she could to survive through the chaos of those days, the same as he had. Yeah, it looks like he's forgiving her. What the fuck.

Them? The three sisters, Screech confirmed. The details did not matter.

Messages In This Thread
I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - February 26, 2018, 09:45 AM
RE: I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 26, 2018, 04:54 PM