Redhawk Caldera I'd rather make it mine.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

He doesn't like this. It is a simple line of questioning and a common one for rogues to carry on with, but he knows somehow that this is not a rogue and that he's pressing for information that Mou doesn't want to give. Even a lone wolf is not this talkative, typically. Mou knows that too, but doesn't understand how he could have such a strong instinct about it; he's never been a lone wolf himself, as far as he can remember. He has never been a guardian. The few interactions he's had with strangers have been completely the opposite in fact — all sorts of talkative, curious, charming people have passed him by. This wolf is charming too, in his own way, and yet it bothers him.

He does not like being interrogated. Mou doesn't know what to do about the presence, but he's mentally mapping the landscape and trying to remember how he got here just in case he has to run; and then what? If he needs to escape from this situation, does he go straight for the woods? Should he deviate and head north just so that the story holds? He trusts his Blackfeather family and knows of their strength — he has faith the forest itself has its own power, that Sithis and Mephala will keep them all safe in case this is a trick, or a test. But he doesn't want to risk it.

These thoughts shift through his mind as a cacophony of half-realized things; a mess of considerations that take no longer than a breath. He knows he has options, for now, and finds himself wishing he wasn't so nervous.

We're hungry, he lies, The hollow is struggling. Winter is coming, so some of us have started to scout. His gaze turns sharp, harsh, discerning. He's watching to see if his lie settles in well with the rest of the picture he is painting. He is no hunter and that is obvious by his broken body and lack of substantial weight, but he could pass as a scout. It is not unheard of for a pack to send out runners to find a fresh hunting ground. Mou feels as if his lies are couched in enough potential truths that they will pass; but he still wonders about Cadwalader — how much longer could they continue with this game?
Messages In This Thread
I'd rather make it mine. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 01, 2018, 01:45 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Llewellyn - October 08, 2018, 02:19 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 08, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Llewellyn - October 08, 2018, 02:29 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 08, 2018, 02:38 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Llewellyn - October 08, 2018, 02:52 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 08, 2018, 03:18 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Llewellyn - October 08, 2018, 03:53 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 08, 2018, 05:34 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Llewellyn - October 10, 2018, 05:36 PM
RE: I'd rather make it mine. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 13, 2018, 11:40 AM