Blacktail Deer Plateau Bring it on, baby. I can take you and your spatula.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
As she called out, she saw a flurry of movement in the trees up ahead. Even in the daylight, Siqsa blended seemlessly with his surroundings. The new recruit was motionless, which Rue took as an invitiation to join him. She moved forward until his frustrated huff stopped her in her tracks. The girl's ears flattened warily, and her amber gaze searched for the young man's eyes in the shadows of his complexion. 

Rue opened her mouth to pose some sort of innocuous conversation-starter such as "how are you settling in?" but she didn't have time to get the words out before Siqsa whirled around and delivered his rushed explanation. Rue closed her mouth and listened. She knew this tone-- it was the tone that pups took when they felt the need to defend thier actions to an adult. It was- perhaps- a bit less whiny coming from Siqsa, but even so Rue couldn't help but wonder if the male was younger than she originally thought. He was just so big it was hard to really tell. 

Rue took in a breath. Is this what her promotion had earned her? Her packmates now imagined that she was some kind of... hammer here to lay down the law? The idea was positively laughable to Rue. 

"Well... seems to me he doesn't have anything to be afraid of, does he? So long as he isn't stupid." She switched her tail thoughtfully, mouth quirking up in the barest hint of a smile. "And if he really is stupid, he should welcome the mercy of a quick death." Rue really had no idea what or who they were talking about; she just wanted her packmate to feel like she was on his side. The last thing in the world that she ever wanted from this promotion was to be isolated from her packmates because they thought of her as a goody-goody, or authoritarian, or.. something.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring it on, baby. I can take you and your spatula. - by Ruenna - October 31, 2018, 04:34 PM