Mudminnow River fiend
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra saw things differently, though that often seemed to be the case between creatures of the opposite sex. as she stood alone between bare boughs of tired aspen, she suddenly felt as stripped as the trees that flanked her: he had seen her, and swung towards her at a prowl that evoked a climbing chill along her spine.

she kept her gaze on him, resentful and cold. it was a struggle, even for a she-wolf as proud as she, to meet those eyes that despite their dull color seemed alive with lambent fury. she did not like the brief emotion that slithered between those slate-rimmed pupils: something dark and malignant stared back.

the chill turned into a full cape of flared hackles: his accusation was only the straw that broke the stony camel's back.

me, a liar? she nearly spat at his feet in contempt. indra was many things - incorrigibly proud, bullhearted, stupid -- but she was not a liar. that conviction rose, tall and as lethally thin as a cobra's flared hood -- she was not a liar.

but he was. she did not hide the dissoluted convulsion that peered out from her mahogany eyes as she thought back to his words - words that could have condemned them to a life as loners if terance and rannoch (and by proxy, treason) had not overlooked it. he had put their family in jeopardy -- willing to sacrifice their safe egress all to buffer his foolhardy pride.

bit by bit, indra was realizing the folly of man -- and stigmata simply placed his own damnable bricks on that pile. "your pride lied to you." she shot back, wanting to raise her tail but finding nothing there to lift: "we needed you with us - and instead, you've cut your nose off to spite your face, and left us because you can't swallow your own stupid pride. you think i want to be lowest ranking again? you think giving that up was easy?" she was poised to say more, but suddenly it occurred to her the more she said, the more he would use those words against her.

suddenly, her jaw clapped shut. she would save her energy for refuting whatever ridiculous insult came next to assault her character.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
fiend - by Stigmata - November 08, 2018, 07:22 PM
RE: fiend - by Indra - November 12, 2018, 01:00 PM
RE: fiend - by Stigmata - November 17, 2018, 12:51 PM
RE: fiend - by Indra - November 18, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: fiend - by Stigmata - November 18, 2018, 07:04 PM
RE: fiend - by Indra - November 18, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: fiend - by Stigmata - November 19, 2018, 12:01 AM
RE: fiend - by Indra - November 26, 2018, 09:35 PM
RE: fiend - by Stigmata - December 01, 2018, 07:49 PM