Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,117 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
i did roll a d5, but i'll keep it secret and incorporate it in my posts. :D

Eljay liked to patrol these days, not really to keep an eye out -- he always hoped nothing happened -- but mostly because it was a great way to process the many and complex thoughts that plagued him. As Eljay was wandering along the borders, occasionally marking something or other, he suddenly heard a shriek nearby. Eljay nearly fell over, startled by the noises, and stared around him wide-eyed. He didn't see anything and didn't really want to go check out the noise, but he knew he had to at least check if it wasn't a pack mate in trouble.

Oh, shoot, it was a pack mate, though she hardly seemed to be in trouble. Eljay awkwardly approached at a trot that was intended to look fast but wasn't very fast at all -- though likely, Niamh was too busy fighting to notice anyway -- and with a racing heart Eljay reached the wounded coyote and pack mate. He wanted to know what had happened, though he guessed that it was an intruder, considering it was near the borders and wasn't, as far as Eljay knew, a part of the pack (and, unless it was a very coyote-looking coywolf, was also a coyote).

The coyote remained on the ground and Eljay watched as Niamh circled it, not sure what to do. Should he attack, or just stay defensive until his pack mate would decide on the next attack, and then help? He felt sorry for the coyote, really, as it lay crumpled on the ground, but Eljay also knew that they should kill it or it would probably return. Besides, it didn't look too good; if they didn't kill it now, then maybe it would not be able to get by and die a slow, torturous death anyway. Still, the caretaker in Eljay liked to think that he could do something to help it if they chose it so. He wasn't dumb enough to question his Beta's decision, though.

While Eljay stared at the wounded leg and contemplated trying to diffuse the situation, mere seconds after his arrival, the coyote suddenly leaped up at him. Eljay shrieked but instinctively bared his teeth. His first reaction was to freeze, as the coyote leaped up at him and grabbed a hold of his chest, but then Eljay jumped up to try and shake it off, teeth snapping though he was unable to reach the coyote with them from his vantage point. Luckily he wasn't alone.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And hell I took you up on all your threats to leave - by Eljay - November 29, 2018, 05:09 AM