Whitefish River we just keep swimming, swimming, swimming upstream
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Private 
For Kavik. It struck me that we could both use this as a trade thread if we combined the yule-hunting and the much-needed conversation, soo herewego.

Oh oh oh also, please excuse the pp/assumption that Kavik would agree to come on a hunt, I just.. wanted to get them more quickly to the action. I'm happy to make edits if need be.

Rue's mind was burdened as the two Plateau leaders traversed their pack's familiar hunting grounds. Their excursion so far had been a quiet one... perhaps @Kavik had his own thoughts to mull over.  They were coming into view of the herd, so Rue figured if she was going to bring up what was on her mind, it was now or never. 

"I have to admit, I didn't just bring you out here to help me cull the lame buck," Rue divulged with a sigh. She could certainly use the help with the buck, and they most definitely didn't want to show up to Yule empty-handed (or empty-pawed?). But Rue had another reason for drawing Kavik away from the territory to where they would not be overheard. 

"I hoped to talk to you about Minori, and her.. request," Rue continued on, in hushed tones. Rue gestured for them to start circling the perimeter of the herd. Her eyes scanned the herd for the lame buck she had spotted earlier, before she had retreated to fetch Kavik. It was Kavik who had the hunter's eye for these things-- he would likely spot their target first.

"I know you'll want to talk it over with Liri--" Rue's speech cut off as her voice broke with emotion. Her expression clouded. Truly, neither of them knew when they would be able to approach Liri for such a talk, if.. if ever again. It was a heart-wrenching situation. Rue swallowed, pushing through the pain. Kavik was Liri's mate, and if he could find the strength to carry on, Rue would too. "..But I  thought I might just.. put my thoughts in the mix, I guess."

Thank the stars for the deer. If Rue hadn't had the hunt to occupy half her mind, she probably wouldn't have even made it this far into this conversation.
Messages In This Thread
we just keep swimming, swimming, swimming upstream - by Ruenna - December 18, 2018, 09:58 AM