Swiftcurrent Creek rivers till i reach you
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Private 

The sun was just breaking over the horizon, bathing the Creek's territory in the monochrome light of early dawn. Rue drifted across the snow like an errant sunbeam, searching for the last wolf with whom she needed to speak before leaving everything here behind. She was cutting it close-- truly, she should already be meeting Thorn at Duck Lake.

This was the one farewell over which Rue had paused, struggling with her decision to turn away from whatever hopeful seedlings had planted themselves here.  Rue didn't know exactly what it was that was growing between her and Soltero, but she did know that it was good-- perhaps one of the only good things Rue had experienced here in the Creek. She also didn't know what would happen with this new growth if she was not here to nurture it.

But...  what Rue did know with without a shadow of a doubt was that beautiful things do not bloom in miserable surroundings. If she wanted a shot at nurturing something strong and lasting with Soltero-- or with anyone, even-- she would first need to nuture herself. She had to light herself from the inside before she was capable of lending warmth to others, and at this moment... this was the only path to happiness that she could see.
Messages In This Thread
rivers till i reach you - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: rivers till i reach you - by Soltero - January 29, 2019, 12:35 PM
RE: rivers till i reach you - by Ruenna - January 29, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: rivers till i reach you - by Soltero - February 02, 2019, 04:00 PM