Hushed Willows these are the days of our lives
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I’m going to be a bit slow the next week, but this thread will be my priority ♥ No hard feelings if you skip Olive!

Knowing that Lily’s time was coming close, Olive did not stray far. Still, she gave the nesting mother her room — but the druid was always available and willing to share a calming word or a silly anecdote whenever the young mother desired. Olive was also busy reveling in her own pregnancy, sweet and calm as it was, and she loved the season where she could practice her midwifery so freely. 

There were the smallest buds of spring arriving all over the hushed willows, and Olive tended to her garden regularly, wishing to give her nursery the best start possible. She sowed and sprouted medicinal herbs as well as flowers simply for their beauty, and every so often she would move a seedling or two to their sanctuary’s rose garden so that small pops of random colored flowers amongst the sea of crimson velvet might one day delight her and Lily and Sunny’s children.

Lily cried her name and, not immediately recognizing the panic in her voice, Olive assumed that her labor had started and she was being summoned for the event in the scared way that all new mother do. With a smile on her face she dropped her current task, picked up a few of her newest medicines and made her way over to the blackbird’s whelping den. Khali was already there, and Olive realized her assumption had not been too far off — but the circumstances were much more sad. Slower now, she walked over to the laboring woman and pressed her nose against each of the two pups. dead.

Olive exhaled deeply.
“Oh, sweetheart.” Her voice was soft, trying to keep Lily and Khali calm [the latter of which was as centered as ever]. “It is the price we, as women, pay for the children we do have. They might never breathe, but we do not stop loving them.” She did not want to touch the woman without asking, so she comforted with words. “The others will make it all worth it. I promise.” She picked up a few of her herbs delicately and set them down next to Lily. The spring’s earliest chamomile. “Chew this,” she instructed, hoping the fear and the worry wouldn’t poison this experience for Lily. It really did happen to most women, but that did not diminish the pain the loss created. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
these are the days of our lives - by Lily - March 16, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Khali - March 16, 2019, 05:22 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Olive - March 17, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Lily - March 17, 2019, 05:46 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Lana - March 17, 2019, 10:15 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Khali - March 19, 2019, 01:38 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Olive - March 19, 2019, 09:33 PM
RE: these are the days of our lives - by Lily - March 21, 2019, 02:51 PM